screwed on my preorder by dishonest dealer

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
I hate scum dealers. Do the legal thing......great info in this thread. This would not happen in IRAC or Afghanistan........if so can you say JDAM.:fm:

Good luck and sorry about your experience, I hope it does not dampen your zeal for the car.:beer:

maverikb

Established Member
I just want to get my car =)

I'm going to focus the next week on trying to find another dealer with allocation if reaching out to the higher up ford people doesn't get me anywhere.

It has caused me to sour on Ford as a brand a bit to be honest.

If I am having this many problems pre-ordering and dealing with dishonest dealers what will I get into when it comes to warranty and repair issues.

I will keep everyone posted with what happens. The dealer however has made it clear that they don't care.

Last edited:

Lemers

Established Member
The dealer probably found another buyer who's willing to pay more than MSRP and is trying to start a bidding war on your vehicle. If no contracts where signed they see it as their vehicle and all fair.

Svt Fox

Established Member
What dealer is this? I have a good chunk of change saved up with a decent trade in. I was looking at buying a Raptor for my winter beater and tow rig.

I'd like to give them a call and tell them why they won't be getting my business, after I string them along first ;)

smknvette

Established Member
Man this seems to be happening a bunch. I've heard of a few deals like this around here. I'm no where near the boat to buy one but if I was it would turn me toward a ZR1 lol.

Sorry to hear this OP. Hopefully you can get something worked out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
I find it interesting that no deposit was taken by the dealer. Do you have a signed buyers order? This is a contract, binding both parties...I pre-sold our allocations of 3 units but took advance deposits and in each case they were sold as " cash deals" we
were not involved in any financing. How can anyone enter into an agreement of intent
with no deposit? I would never promise/hold any retail order without money.

Imatk

Established Member
Yes please let everyone know what dealership this is so that they will lose thousands of dollars from anyone here on this site.

mullens

Established Member
When you say you had it in email and writing, was the writing a purchase order signed by the salesman? If so, your case is stronger than just a written offer. Of course the fact that no money changed hands doesnt help your case, regardless if the dealer was going to cash the check or not. It's becoming obvious that this SOB had no intention of selling you the car. I hope you can somehow swing it but honestly I'd just look for another offer.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
a " salesman" is not an authorized signature on a buyers order, a " manager " has to sign
the buyers order as well, of course, the car buyer. You may be better served to move on and spend your time finding a car that you actually can buy...as was said...get all in writing...or no deal

maverikb

Established Member
You hit the nail on the head. I got suckered, maybe not by the sales person but someone from the dealer was just stringing me along until they surprised me with ADM "or else".

When you say you had it in email and writing, was the writing a purchase order signed by the salesman? If so, your case is stronger than just a written offer. Of course the fact that no money changed hands doesnt help your case, regardless if the dealer was going to cash the check or not. It's becoming obvious that this SOB had no intention of selling you the car. I hope you can somehow swing it but honestly I'd just look for another offer.

maverikb

Established Member
sure thing. sorry for the delay.

Spoke to several reps from Ford both on the phone and online at Mustang Source. Not much they can do since dealer is private.

I did file a complaint with them, the BBB and also on yelp. I gave the dealer fair warning as well to give them a chance to rectify and was told there was nothing they would do.

I did speak with a Lawyer. He told me it would just be easier to file complaints and buy the car somewhere else. When I gave him the low down on the ADMs, dealers refusing to take orders unless 15k over etc, he was more interested in that.

The problem with my case is that there was no sales contract (which I was told I wouldn't get until the car came), the dealer did not take a deposit (for obvious reasons now) and while I have emails, text messages and an order form with numbers written on the back, I'd have to prove they came from the dealer and not something I had fabricated.

I get it, I got suckered and trusted the wrong people. This whole experience with Ford has really turned me off and as much as I love Mustangs, I'm not liking the dealer.

In contrast, my local Chevy dealer had several Zl1s sitting on the showroom that I could easily get below MSRP right now without any hassel. . .Too bad I don't like the car lol.

Updates???

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Are u going to tell us the dealer who you were talking to names of GM sames person so other people dont deal with them now that u are not going to do anything further

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
Sorry to hear of your experience! It's very sad. Best of luck on finding another deal!

Users who are viewing this thread