Screwed up the shifter boot while I was...

Hunter6

Established Member
putting in the pro 5.0 shifter. Cut the boot too big.:bash: Idiot...anyway I want to get another one. Does anyone know where I can get one without going to the dealer. Don't care if the dealer knows...it's just that my service department sucks and it pisses me off to simply walk in there. Any help would be much appreciated.

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Just silicone it to the base. It's not like your gonna be messing with it every other day. ;-) Plus the fact Ford probably wants something like $49 for the piece. :nonono:

Hunter6

Established Member
Thanks 94, I looked but could not find. Not knowing the part number makes it hard. I have another idea. Are there people out there who have or know of a wrecked 03 Cobra (or other mustang if the part is the same) that they would be willing to sell me the part from???

Hunter6

Established Member
Yeah, Corner carver...I hear you but...I guess I just have a complex about it...gotta have the new part. Thanks for the advice.

bosscobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Corner-Carver
Just silicone it to the base. It's not like your gonna be messing with it every other day. ;-) Plus the fact Ford probably wants something like $49 for the piece. :nonono:
No way that thing is $49.00. Call any Ford dealer other than the one you do not want to go in, get the correct price. Based on that go from there.:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread