SCT, Diablo, or other tuning devices

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
In your opinion which is the better tuner, SCT, DIABLO, or another name brand tuner, and why? (Please no bashing others ideas and choices) Thanks.

I'm still stock after 6 years of owning my Lightning with over 73 thousand. I've really been thinking of biting the bullet and putting a 2/4lb lower pulley on my truck. (I might do the upper pulley later on, or would it be better to do it now and all at once?) So that's why I'm here asking these questions. I know knowing about tuning, and have asked a local shop to do the tuning on my truck. Thanks in advance for your help in this matter. They sell the SVT tuner, but can us the Diablo if that's what I buy or other brands.

All I've do to my truck is a drop in K&N filter, FTVB W/4x4 pan and lowered 2" in the rear. It's a 03 DSG Lightning.

Thank you for all your help!
Harold

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
if you dont plan on doing much to the truck you might as well just do a 6lb lower instead of a 4lb lower and a smaller upper..less chance of belt slip..i have the predator and i love it, its a good tuning device...the SCT is an awesome device to and ive noticed it downloads the tune faster than the predator..however it doenst matter which one you get, just make sure you go to a reputable tuner to dyno the truck..you can have the best tuning software and the worst dyno shop and youll be searching for another motor

DjKush

Established Member
All depends which one ur tuner uses. I use pradator and it's pretty damn good, but I've heard sct is better.. Either way they are both great. Just go with a 6lb lower and spark plugs and a good safe tune and ur fine.

RMoore92

Established Member
I use Sniper commando and does everything you can ask for! They all use the Ford PCm so its not much different from the others. SCT is very similar to my software. Your best bet is to get what your tuner uses.

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
Why the 6lb lower?

I'd like to leave a lot on the table, so that way I might not blow my engine. (Can't afford another engine) Plus I don't want/need that much power either, that's why I'm looking at the 2/4 lower and maybe a upper. I'm not looking into building a beast, just want a little more power under my foot. My best 1/4 with above mods is 13:46ET at about 102mph on a 55F day here in Kentucky on F1's at 36PSI. Looking for maybe low 13's to high 12's at bests on F1's or maybe DR's.
Also which device, the SCT livewire, SCT Xcalibrator, are there any differance in them? What about the Diablo, do they also have more then one style?
Thanks again for any and all help.

Last edited:

DjKush

Established Member
If u go with a 4 lb lower and an upper (let's say 2.76) that's still 6pounds of boost! That's the same as buying a 6lb lower! So why work more than u have to? IMO just go with a 6lber and that's perfect just DO NOT FORGETT TO GET A GOOD TUNE!!! I blew my block but I did not tune my truck correctly. Also idk about all those profiles.. To kelp it simple, just go with diablosport their more common IMO.

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
I see what you're saying DiKush, thanks man!

Guess I'll be useing NGK TR6's spark also? Seeing how I'll at about 14PSI if I go 6lb lower.

Do I really need a tune for just a 2lb lower. I've read no need to, and yes if ya really want to be safe about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread