SCT Handheld Tuner Ordered

Emil

Established Member
It's a toss up, SCT or Predator although the Predator seems to be preferred I think because most tuners use it.
Are there any good, reputable tuners that use the SCT out there?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I like it ...good choice...of course my tuner uses it...www.teamjdm.com And the tuning is just the beginning with the SCT.

Dyno sheet in my sig file below

Last edited:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by isdnmatt
Did you get just the flasher or the pro racer package?

Matt

I wondered what are the big differences between these myself. Also the prices.

A local place uses SCT for tuning, but they have been doing chips & I want to stay away from that. I don't like the idea of physical evidence of a chip on the ecu. I'd prefer the flash that a handheld can do.

I take it he could tune my car this way, correct?

[email protected]

Established Member
With the SCT9100 Extreme unit your tuner will write his tunes as he normally does using the SCT Advantage Software and upload the tune to the flasher unit (which holds multiple tunes). Although there is no physical evidence of a tune on the vehicle, a SMART ford engineer will be able to discover the vehicle has been flashed.

In about 1 months time, for a small fee customers will be able to purchase a user friendly public version of advantage that will allow customers to make SMALL changes to the tunes on the flasher/tunes they are sent from their tuner of choice.

The Pro Racer package is the exact same software dealers use but is limited to your one VIN number. You can purchase a flasher or chip with the Pro Racer package. The pro racer package can ONLY be purchased from Modular Depot/MD Motorsports or SCT. The pro racer package sells for around $790, the 9100 Flasher goes for around $399. If you already own a SCT Chip or 9100 Flasher you can upgrade to the Pro Racer Package for $499.

Most people, including myself suggest to stick with your local professional tuner. If you want to mess around, buy the additional software and make the small changes to the tune that you have had written.

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks for that info on the Pro Racer package...I am definitely going to buy the upgrade Package for my SCT I have right now....

Going to be alot of fun ..I will leave the existing "tunes" alone...but I will be fiddling with a few more things in there that should be fun....atleast thats my plan. I just need the time to look inside of all the parameters our cars have. I know my vette buddies do some pretty cool stuff that I want to see if I can do with this Racer Package setup. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again Meist!

isdnmatt

Established Member
I use the PRO RACER package and love it. There's nothing I can't change and I am able to change my set up at anytime. However, going the pro racer package route does require additional tuning hardware, such as a datalogger and a wideband. That quickly adds to the cost.

I use a LM-1 wideband for my tuning and love it. Just giving you a heads up if you decide to tune yourself.

Matt

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thankyou to you too Matt..LM1 and datalogger added to list...any idea where to buy those from?

Thanks

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Most people, including myself suggest to stick with your local professional tuner. If you want to mess around, buy the additional software and make the small changes to the tune that you have had written.

Yeah I don't want to try to adjust the tunes myself. Sorta like having enough rope to hang myself with, or however it goes.

Thanks for the reply.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread