SCT Livewire or XCal2?

ssketer4

Established Member
What's your opinion? I am going to need one soon, so some advice is appreciated!!!!! :) :) :)

I was told to stay away from the XCal3...it doesn't work.

Last edited:

vip3r1850

Established Member
Who said the xcal3 doesn't work ? ? It really depends on ur budget, get the livewire if you plan to use it as a digital gauge, pretty much all its good for and theyve worked out almost all the quirks with the livewire nowadays as compared to when they first came out. If you just wanna tune, n leave it till next time, xcal3. Both great products

OmahaStang

Established Member
I to have thought about this too but I'm wondering why some tuners aren't necessarily going to xcal3... (same cost)
Sorry don't mean to hyjack thread.

03redrocket

Established Member
I just did mine beacause I had the sct1, I also wanted the sct 3 or the livewire but Greg at ret explained that they are having problems with the new ones already. Or maybe the tuner are not sure how to use them?? I trust greg though so I followed his direction and I am very happy with the tune.

Julian

Silver o1

Let the spooling begin
Established Member
I bought the livewire abouts 4 months ago and untill 2 weeks age worked great. Now its back at sct being repaired

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I too need to know what is better. The Livewire itself looks enticing of course but if it isn't going to work as good I'd rather spend my money on the SCT tuner that is worth it.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Xcal2 - its' been tested/proven and it has plenty of capability. The LiveWire took forever for SCT to get all the bugs worked out, if they even have. The Xcal3 is still too new.

Users who are viewing this thread