SCT Livewire VS. iTSX

SN95cobra04

Established Member
I'm looking to get a tuners for my 04 Cobra and want to know what you guys think i should get. I'm looking at either the Livewire or the iTSX. My goal is to set up my car for road racing/autocross if that helps any. Thanks for the help. And i will take any ideas for other tuners as well.

Franchi

Established Member
Well what do you want out of the tuner? Both will custom tune the car just fine and both have a monitoring station for a variety of guages. You need an iphone or ipad for the iTSX though, if you are wanting guages from it, do you plan on installing an ipad in the car?

SN95cobra04

Established Member
I have a 4S iPhone and would be using it with that. I was just thinking the iTSX would be a little sleeker than having to mount the livewire for datalogging. Just looking for some ideas. I've read that quite a few people have have problems with the iTSX as far as uploading tunes and what not also and want to hear from people that have some experience with these tuners.

AMB

Established Member
Sn95cobra04

I have a Livewire for sale, if you want one. Do you have the Pro-Racer Software? I have the Software for sale also. I upgrated to the Dealer Mustang Software.

Franchi

Established Member
Im using the itsx myself right now and haven't had any issues swapping tunes or adjusting various things like idle revs and whatnot. I haven't tried datalogging with it yet though. I do like that itsx holds up to ten tunes though as I have 4 for a variety of purposes. Livewire and X3 units only hold 3.

SN95cobra04

Established Member
@ AMB, I don't have any software. I didn't know that the iTSX held 10 tunes but I really like that. Franchi, what car are you using it on?

Jkay98

Established Member
Well I am bringing this thread back to life.

I am looking to get a tuner and I cant decide between the Livewire or the iTSX.

For those of you who have either one of these tuners what are your thoughts? Pros? Cons?

I started thread previously gauges vs SCT livewire tuner but didn't get much of a response. The reason why I want to go with either of these tuners is to eliminate the need to purchase gauges. After comparing the two I am kind of favoring the iTSX because its wireless and I could use an Ipad Mini or Ipod and find a good spot to set it up. Where the Livewire is wired and could be window mounted like a GPS, I prefer less clutter.

Users who are viewing this thread