SCT need help

lou1799

Established Member
im thinking about selling my sct x caliber 2 to one of my friends i already unlocked the device for him but i tried contacting sct for a stock file for his car its 2004 mustang gt auto just to mess around with the parameters .. i got them to send a me a stock file for my car along time ago and now they wont send one for his car i dont want to sell him my tuner without the stock file to adjust the lil things like gear changes and spark advance and other stuff can someone help me please

Tarball

Established Member
im thinking about selling my sct x caliber 2 to one of my friends i already unlocked the device for him but i tried contacting sct for a stock file for his car its 2004 mustang gt auto just to mess around with the parameters .. i got them to send a me a stock file for my car along time ago and now they wont send one for his car i dont want to sell him my tuner without the stock file to adjust the lil things like gear changes and spark advance and other stuff can someone help me please

He'll have to buy one. your basically asking them to support 2 cars for the price of 1.

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
Isn't the stock file the way the XCAL "locks" the device to a vehilce? Meaning that you'll have to untune your car and reload your stock file to your car with the XCAL, then you can sell it..?

Kinda sucks, but hey. I've got a XCAL2 and no tune and I can't do shit with mine! Can't even pull the original tune out of the car.

lou1799

Established Member
I put my car back to stock .. and the xc is unlocked ready to get a tune i just want to be able to sell it to him without any problems

Jamie R.

Established Member
He'll have to get a tune for it lou, just like everybody else does. At least your selling it to him unlocked so he has'nt got to pay for that to. I'm not trying to sound bad here that's just how it is. Tell him to get in touch with Eric Brooks at Brooksspeed.com and he can hook him up with a tune via email.

Mr.Brain, Eric can unlock that Xcal2 for ya. Give him a shout. He tuned my car and it seems pretty peppy again.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

scotts99snake

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong here, but if the tuner is unlocked, the first time his friend plugs it into his car, doesn't the x-cal 2 aquire the car's stock tune?

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong here, but if the tuner is unlocked, the first time his friend plugs it into his car, doesn't the x-cal 2 aquire the car's stock tune?

Yup, but they're quasi-vehicle specific. Ergo, a tuner for a lightning won't work on a stang.

However, a tuner for a stang will work on ALL stangs in the same year range.

lou1799

Established Member
its just weird cause i had the same problem when i first got this tuner i email sct and they gave me a stock file i think its called ll3 something like that . i going to sell him it for 200 i think thats reasonable right ? ill tell him to contact Eric Brooks and see what he says

thanks for the help

lou1799

Established Member
i dont think it really is they just had to come out wit another tuner thats what i personally think

Tarball

Established Member
law suit forced the x3 being put out, its part of why the x1 is no longer supported and x2 support will be dead soon.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Xcal 2 are good for attaching to 5 cars. The problem is only 1 car at a time. Return yours to stock...sell him the xcal2...he plugs it into his car and it is now "locked" to his car..car #2. only 3 cars left. I had an 06 with xcal2 and tune..returned the 06 to stock and plugged into my Cobra and was good to go. He will need new tunes though

Users who are viewing this thread