SCT Pro Racer, who supports it...

Matt P

Established Member
So I am considering purchasing the SCT Pro Racer Package and either the new TSX or X3. I want to install it now on my NA set up and learn it a little. I ultimately plan on boosting, but I want to do it in stages, for learning curve and financial reasons. Install all the supporting mods before the blower, injectors, maf, fuel pump etc and work out the tune with out the boost. Then add the boost and tune. I don't want to take the car to a tuner, I want to do it my self. I have tuned a couple other boosted cars with good results, never blown up one yet :) Most of all I enjoy the process of tuning!

What I am looking for from a shop is get a deal on the SCT stuff, of course. A good NA tune included with the original purchase. Then a base tune later down the road when I boost and occasional technical phone support as I fine tune the boost tune myself.

I tried BAMA and they don't sell the Pro Racer, nor tune boosted cars older than 04? wtf?
Lethal told me they don't do custom tunes.

Any recommendations for Mustang shop or tuner to work with on the SCT stuff?

I would also consider the Delta Force stuff if their is better support from vendors for what I want to do. Thoughts?

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm confused on a few different levels. Who here told you we don't do custom tuning? All of our tuning is done by Lund Racing. He tunes every one of our Lethal Cars, as well as our customer's cars.

Now are you looking for a software to tune yourself as stated? Or someone to tune for you? We can certainly provide you with the tools for either method, however, Lund will sometimes suggest going local depending on how old the vehicle is, and the modifications. It can prevent headaches for both parties in the long run. Worst case, we may be able to point you to someone close enough to you that may be able to assist you further.

The ProRacer Software will certainly allow the end user to calibrate the vehicle themselves. Now if you're looking for someone to provide you a baseline tune for your mods, so you can later adjust it on your own, that isn't something we can help you with. All of Lund's tunes are encrypted when we send them out to customers to protect all parties involved.

Hope that answers your question/clears up confusion. Feel free to PM or email me for any other details.

John

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just want to clear up something that John said so there's no confusion.

If you purchase the Pro Racer Software/X3 or TSX from us you get access to SCT's database of value files. That means that you can build a file specific to your model car from their base tunes and value files. Once you've built the base file you can make any additional fine changes to it any time you like.

If you prefer to get a custom tune by Jon Lund that's also something we can provide as Jon does all of our custom tuning. The tune will be made specific to your vehicle and it's mods. You still have the ability to make changes to the tune with the user adjustment features that the device offers but it can't be read by the Pro-racer software as the tune file is locked.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Radar Doc

Established Member
Assuming we're talking about the 99 Cobra in your signature. I just looked in my Pro Racer software, and SCT has 4 base value files for the 99: a 91 oct NA and race fuel NA, as well as a blown 91 oct and blown race fuel base tune. There are also other value files in the database for injectors, MAFs, etc.

HPRacing

SVTP Lurker
Established Member
VMP, has an option (extra fee) to have your tune sent in a Racer Software Format, MTF 3.0 - Is that what you're looking for?

Matt P

Established Member
I'm confused on a few different levels. Who here told you we don't do custom tuning? All of our tuning is done by Lund Racing. He tunes every one of our Lethal Cars, as well as our customer's cars.

Now are you looking for a software to tune yourself as stated? Or someone to tune for you? We can certainly provide you with the tools for either method, however, Lund will sometimes suggest going local depending on how old the vehicle is, and the modifications. It can prevent headaches for both parties in the long run. Worst case, we may be able to point you to someone close enough to you that may be able to assist you further.

The ProRacer Software will certainly allow the end user to calibrate the vehicle themselves. Now if you're looking for someone to provide you a baseline tune for your mods, so you can later adjust it on your own, that isn't something we can help you with. All of Lund's tunes are encrypted when we send them out to customers to protect all parties involved.

Hope that answers your question/clears up confusion. Feel free to PM or email me for any other details.

John

I did see the Lund tuning on the website, but when I called in last Friday whoever took my call told me that you all did not do custom tuning.

I'd rather not pay for a base tune from someone if I cant tune it myself with the pro tuner software, I understand why a tuner would do that to protect their tune, but as an end user and consumer I disagree and would require it to be unlocked as I would own it.

Thanks for the response, I know you all are good guys.

Matt

Matt P

Established Member
If you purchase the Pro Racer Software/X3 or TSX from us you get access to SCT's database of value files. That means that you can build a file specific to your model car from their base tunes and value files. Once you've built the base file you can make any additional fine changes to it any time you like.
This is interesting, how may value files are in the database?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is interesting, how may value files are in the database?

Not sure of a number but it's all there. Any value file for gear, maf, injector, throttle body, intake, ect is all there to help you build whatever file you need to build for your car.

Users who are viewing this thread