SCT problem after auto uptdate (Won't successfully load tune now)

stevens11bravo

Established Member
My tuner had very old firmware 1.2.134 so I returned my car to stock and downloaded the the Update Software from SCT's website. I used the auto update feature and the first time it stopped doing anything midway through the update so I did it again and it said it was successful. Now when I try to program my car it goes through all the steps loading to 100% in everything but then at the end I get and error 1034 saying it wasn't successful and to re-install my factory tune if the car doesn't start. The car will not start so I then re-install my factory tune and it starts and runs. I tried it twice with the same end result. I rechecked the tuner with the auto updater and it shows that it has the newest software so it will not reload anything. I am curious if re-installing older firmware back onto it may fix my issue but I can't find any of the older versions. If anyone out there has version 1.2.134 or 1.2.142 in a file that they could email me, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have another solution feel free to post.

Car is a 2012 GT with a JLT intake and full exhaust so it runs like crap right now with the stock tune mainly due to the intake. SCT can hopefully help me but there closed til Monday but I would like to get it fixed now. Just to reiterate, I did return the car to stock tune from a sct strategy tune before the update, tuner had firmware 1.2.134 on it, I used the auto update and it installed firmware 1.2.159 tune version 2.09PFDUS. Let me know if you have a solution or an older firmware I can try.

Last edited:

stevens11bravo

Established Member
We'll I have been playing with the tuner a little more and it seems as though it will allow me to adjust all parameters of the strategy tune except for headers. The updated firmware has a larger selection of parameters I can adjust such as a larger variety of intakes, headers, and throttle body. At first I was selecting: fuel octane, cold air, HEADERS, changes to rev limiter, idle, and the rear gear. I kept messing with it, selecting different changes each time and I get a successful tune anytime I don't select HEADERS. Any ideas on this, I'm puzzled as to why this is?

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Try deleting your custom tune files off the device and then re-installing them back onto it before attempting to load them in the car. My car has been in pieces all winter and I knew I needed to update the firmware on my iTSX before data-logging and tuning, so I just checked SCT's website and found this under the latest update for the iTSX:

"If you are having issues with your custom tune files currently, you will need to reload the custom tune files into your device after following the auto-update process"

http://www.sctflash.com/showdeviceupdates.php?PNID=4015

Worth a try...

stevens11bravo

Established Member
I am not using a custom tune, just the strategy tune with adjusted parameters. The strategy tune allows me to make several selections / changes that I have been using like for brand of cold air, rear O2's off, rev limit, global spark, gear ratio, etc.... After installing the update I have success anytime as long as I don't select long tube headers, when I select the headers and upload the tune, everything loads to 100% but at the very end i get a error 1034. The older firmware didn't have a choice for headers or throttle body like the new firmware has but I change the throttle body and it works. I only updated this thing so I could datalog using livelink, the older firmware wouldn't work with it. I will be getting a custom tune soon but would like to get this fixed in the mean time. I guess my best bet is to call SCT tomorrow and see if they can help.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I have had to call them a few times in reference to the early issues with the iTSX and they were extremely helpful. I'm sure they will get you squared away.

Users who are viewing this thread