SCT Proracer - Idle Question

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
What parameters need to be adjusted in Pro Racer to prevent a car from dying when the brakes are pushed at idle?

My cammed GT wants to die every time hydro boost kicks in while idling or low speed coasting.

Already adjusted the PS compensation to no avail. Idle is set at 750 at the moment.

Also, car has intermittant starting issue, car will just crank and crank occaisionally unless you pedal the the gas lightly when cranking. This just the nature of cams?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I can't remember the exact scalar. But you probably need to increase the IAC duty cycle. Also try lengthening your injector delay a little. What's your rpm set at?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had to raise my idle to 850 to help with the idle. My buddy is running some Stage 1 street cams from his engine builder and he's around 800. I'm sure you still need to increase the airflow at idle. If I get a chance I'll check the scalars when I get home today.

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
Spark at idle has been increased, cars still not a huge fan of braking while coasting.

Starting issue is getting annoying, car looks like a POS whenever it does it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Try decreasing idle spark. Did you make the changed nyuk98 on the SCT forum suggested?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
What a trip. There's a guy on the PRP forum with comp 260's having the same issue.

Here are a few things to test out:

Under dashpot:
* dashpot preposition table: make the values a bit bigger near idle.
* dashpot decay rate: make these a bit smaller near idle.

Under dashpot/scalar:
* "Dashpot Min Mph" -- try setting it to 10.

Under idle/scalar:
* "Min Mph for idle" -- try setting it to zero.

HTH,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread