SCT tuner ?

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I'm thinking about getting an SCT X3 or SF3 but was wondering if it's worth it on a 99 Cobra w/a CAI and Magnaflow catback. Anyone have good results on a basically stock car? Any thoughts? Thanks!

cmefly

Established Member
Yes, it is worth it. Call Don at Lasotaracing.com he usually will give you at least one free custom tune if you buy a SCT X3 from him. Do not use the canned tunes it comes with. You will pick up some performance.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I would think it will help to some degree, probably not much though. They are good to have if you change tire size, gear size or if you want to pull/add timing, etc. Power wise you probably won't feel any difference other than your mind telling you. I think you can clear fault codes with them too or at least scan it for codes. There are some good benefits to them other than power increases.

You could just get the ECU flashed which is cheaper than the handheld, but won't give you as many options and benefits of an SCT3. Also to fi you ever decide to go FI on your car you already have the tuner which will save you from getting one then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread