SCT tuning

Ddawg18

Established Member
Hey all,

So if you happen to see my other posts, I have a 97 cobra with an aluminator 10:1 compression motor, with 32 lb injectors(Venom), C&L mass air meter, Aeromotive A100 fuel system, fuel rails, braided lines etc. Well Bid Daddy performance in NJ tuned the car last year (as per the previous owner, and Big daddy confirmed) but they did a light tune to get the kid running since he said it was running off. Well I load the tune from big daddy in, and then I have returned it to stock and the differences are below:

Stock
Stutters if you tap the gas at an idle, but rips through the power band like you wouldnt know there is a problem. The problem is down low.

Bid Daddy tune
Stutters down low as well, but is more crisp up top, but slower?? No problems through the power band and has no mis fires except for tapping the gass when idling is the stutter.

The car has no misfire or 02 sensor codes. No CEL and the fuel pressure is at 39 psi.

I know these injectors are not needed, but what could be making it miss when I tap the gas at an idle? Too much fuel? It seems like I would rather drive the car with the stock tune...

The obvious is that I have to go get it tuned, I get that, but I want to work out any possible kinks to save myself some money as we just had our first baby, and diapers are expensive!!

Thanks in advance for any advice :beer:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Use a laptop with sct livelink and your handheld and do some datalogging. Its hard to say whats up without some data. If you need help datalogging just pm me and i'll get you going and look at your data for you.

Users who are viewing this thread