SCT VS LiveWire NOOB ?

OmahaStang

Established Member
I will be in the market of a tune/tuner/programmer in the next month or so.

I'm eventually going to install a pulley and where I'm going to take the car to get tuned uses SCT which I figured I would purchase. (from them)

However with the new 'livewire' out there as a possible option is it worth the extra cash for one? not to mention is or are there more complications with installing one too? I think it would be pretty sweet to have the livewire for the additional features it offers. (A/F, shift light/led) etc. with some additional equipment. (a/f)

The reason I'm asking is I have NOT yet bought either one.(SCT or Livewire) Those of you who already have the SCT would you have rather purchased the livewire instead??

Just need some expert advise and input on this one.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
OmahaStang said:
I will be in the market of a tune/tuner/programmer in the next month or so.

I'm eventually going to install a pulley and where I'm going to take the car to get tuned uses SCT which I figured I would purchase. (from them)

However with the new 'livewire' out there as a possible option is it worth the extra cash for one? not to mention is or are there more complications with installing one too? I think it would be pretty sweet to have the livewire for the additional features it offers. (A/F, shift light/led) etc. with some additional equipment. (a/f)

The reason I'm asking is I have NOT yet bought either one.(SCT or Livewire) Those of you who already have the SCT would you have rather purchased the livewire instead??

Just need some expert advise and input on this one.

Give Justin at VMP a call. He can answer all of your questions, hook you up with the device you need and send you a great tune.
He has tuned many of my friends Lightning's, Cobra's and Mach 1's.
Tuning is new to me so I had a lot of questions. He answered them quickly and responded to my emails or phone calls.
You wont' be dissapointed.:rockon:

OmahaStang

Established Member
Thanks

Thanks..

Thanks for the advise. However I was going to try and have someone sumwhat local do it (50 miles away). I figured I would have them install the pulley and then tune it and then double check everything on their Dyno too.

I havn't talked to the 'shop' in person yet but I know they use the SCT just not sure what their view is on the 'livewire' application. I KNOW the SCT will work but just not sure if the extra cash is worth the livewire. I'll probably just stop by their shop to see what they suggest but also wanted peoples opinion on here too.

FYI my plan of attack on my car as far as performance goes is to just go with an upper pulley this summer. (no idlers) and then next year step it up to a lower and full set of idlers where I'll need the shops assistance again. Unsure but I also plan on doing a port to the blower just not sure where that will come into play either.

Users who are viewing this thread