SCT X3 Is not working

Boobinspector

Established Member
I plugged my X3 into my car and the computer and I get this message ( Invalid Block-4425031442048 -1770012576:shrug:. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I would go on the SCT site and update the firmware as long as you have the cable to plug into your computer USB and the SCT uses the same end as a printer.

Hope this helps.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Um...is this new, or have you had it for a while? If it's new, what did you have before, an XCal2? If so, I assume you took the car back to stock before you tried to plug this one in correct?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ok, I just googled that error..sounds like SVTORANGE is correct, you probably have a firmware problem. Apparently a lot of the xcal 3's still have some bugs. Make sure you've got the most recent firmware, if that doesn't work, send that bioch back.

Boobinspector

Established Member
I have had it for almost a year now I believe. I hope SCT or LFP can help me since I did buy the thing through them. Thanks for the help guys. This is really a bummer because I was going to start dataloging. Oh well guess I will have to wait.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Get the cable from Radio Shack and do the update. Also you can call them SCT and they will walk you thru the process as well if you need help. There tech line is pretty top notch.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
It's probably dirty. Wash it out well with dishsoap and water in the kitchen sink. Make sure you scrub hard, and rinse well...:banana:

Boobinspector

Established Member
Well I talked to SCT and LFP. After a couple emails and conversations I was finally able to make some ground on this issue. The problem seemed to have stemed from the firmware and also a new came to light. Somehow the tune that I got from LFP had the wrong VIN in it. Thats what SCT said after they saw my tune file. So now I have to wait for LFP to send me the new tune tomorrow. After that SCT will tranfer a new stock tune to my XCAL. At that point I have to flash the stock tune back to my car. At which point I will flash the new Modded tune to my car. Hopefully all will work well.
Oh and apparentlly no body on either side can understand how my car can still be running well at all.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I still think you should wash it anyway. Only now it's probably really dirty, so put it in the dishwasher.

Users who are viewing this thread