SCT X3 Please Help

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
I just got my X3 yesterday and i cant get the tuner to let me make any adjustments. I followed all the instructions on updating before i plugged it into the car and everytime i go to strategy tune or custome tune it gives me an error. I tried to return it back to stock and it tells me it already is stock. Does this mean that i cant do any adjustments until I get a tune for the car. All I want to do is turn off the shift point, T/C, and speed limiter.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
if i were you, i would try calling the SCT help line, and explain to them your problem. the phone number should be in your owners manual.

there may be an issue w/your hand-held....something doesnt sound right.

silverserpant

Established Member
from reading the other posts, are you saying that you have a blank X3 (you said after you GET a custom tune)or after you choose your program file and turn key to live, it gives you a error code?

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
from reading the other posts, are you saying that you have a blank X3 (you said after you GET a custom tune)or after you choose your program file and turn key to live, it gives you a error code?

Yes I have a blank SCT. Yes my car has a stock tune that i planned on getting a custom tune because my 100% stock car that I bought had a smaller pulley on it that was hidden by the pulley cover. I was under the impression that i could make user adustments wether the tuner had a canned tune or a blank tuner. Guess i was wrong.

silverserpant

Established Member
You should get a hold of Rick at amazon. He can sell you tunes for life and he will fine tune to your needs as your mods grow. Stay away from the canned tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread