SCT X3 Tuner Help?

GForceJunkie

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I picked up my 96 Cobra in July with an SCT X3 tuner and shortly after put the tune back to stock because I noticed some mild detonation at low rpm.

My experience with this thing is nonexistent.

I have the manual but can't determine whether I can change things like fan on/off temps, timing and such myself or do I need to get someone to write a complete tune for me?

Any guidance would be helpful, Thanks.

anakyn

Established Member
If it's like the x-cal2, when you choose to load a tune to your car, there should be a window asking you about changing parameters: that's where you can decrease the timing, like from 2000 to 4000rpms and from 4000 to 6000 or so. My advice to you is to find a good hill to climb : go back 2 degrees in the 2000 to 4000 range, and then start going up the hill in second gear to load your engine. If no detonation, then your good, otherwise, pull two more degrees.

Sorry to hijack, but what are knock sensors for if not to prevent detonation ? Somebody feed us the info please...

JasonSnake

Established Member
Sorry to hijack, but what are knock sensors for if not to prevent detonation ? Somebody feed us the info please...

maybe it's so far advanced that even the computer can't pull back enough when it detects the anomaly . just IMO

Users who are viewing this thread