SCT XCal2 or Livewire?

caleb_cook

Established Member
I have a 2000 Lightning that has an 03' motor in it w/ @ 9K miles on it now.

The truck has a JLP CAI, 4lb lower and a ported eaton.

4.10's in the pumpkin and a 2400 stall and a shift kit.

The motor is currently running a Predator tune (91 oct pulley) with no extra timing added. I am pretty sure the base timing for that tune is either 12 or 14 degrees.

I had it dynoed last Sept in 90 degree heat down in San Diego at DPR.

It only made 331/398.

Low for sure, but it runs fine. I have timed many 0-70 runs and I am consistantly around 5.9 to 6.2 seconds. My old Mach 1 was just a tad quicker.

I have a Predator tuner, but I had SCT XCal2 for the Mach and I liked it. I would like to get a custom tune from either RET or Swanson or somewhere else reputable. I have a good friend that lives close by that knows of a few other places I could go.

I guess I am kind of curious about the LiveWire montitor and dash mounted system. I like that kind of stuff

What I want to know if its all the same software or if one of them has an advantage over the other. I have a friend that writes the software for Sniper, but I am not going to go that route yet.

Just curious, what would you get, and other than RET, does anyone else have any other good experiences with SoCal tuners?

Thanks,

caleb_cook

Established Member
By the way, my motor sees 16lbs on a cool morning. 15 usually though everyday.

I want to get to 400/475. I know my numbers above are low, but I think it was alot to do with heat soak and high ambient temps. Besides that same place I dynoed the truck also dynoed my old Mach and it seemed about 25-30hp low compared to other equally modded Machs. So, I dont know... ??

Thanks again,

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
LOL....

come on folks give him some feed back....I think he has heard me run off at the mouth at great lengths everytime we meetup LOL

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
We'll help out be patient! I'm a great fan of SCT over Diablo having used both. Now using PRP I'm anxiously awaiting the release of livewire. Nobody can truthfully recommend something that isn't in production yet however. You can always go XCAL2 now and do the "trade-in" program most of the SCT dealers are offering later on. Bottom line is that SCT's platforms are the best and most thorough for getting tunes dialed in.

Users who are viewing this thread