Sctx4 handheld

2000 gt

Established Member
So I need a handheld for my built 99 cobra cars got a ton of work and boost needs a tune. I was gunna go with the tried and true sctx3. But now I'm seeing there's a new sctx4? Is this all what it's cracked up to be. Any issues u guys know of. It looks sick being a data logger and all. With a screen to monitor multiple data streams .....

ShiftinGT

Established Member
Haven't seen really issues. I researched it a while before I finally just pulled the trigger on one. I'll let ya know how it works out when I get it.

senderofan

Established Member
Guess its a color screen, larger screen and more memory. I was thinking about the X4......but I got a pretty solid deal on the X3 and I've got no complaints. Just bought it a month ago. One heads up....if it hasn't been beat to death already.....I purchased a new laptop to do data logging. Well, Windows 8.1 doesn't play nice with Live Link 2. I had to call SCT.....Super nice tech guy did a remote tweak to my laptop and downloaded special programs to make Live Link work with 8.1.

Either way....SCT is a super solid company to buy from.....IMHO.

Wayne

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I just picked one up, also had issues with windows 8 but called sct and they remote connected to my laptop and got everything working in a few minutes.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
After using one for a month or so, I like it. Screen is nice. Landscape mode is as well. REALLY like the configurable gauges a bunch. Still trying to figure out what sort of mount they're going to bring out some day. It would explain the two little slots inthe back of the unit.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread