SD cooler/Remote oil filter Installed

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
I got the SD oil cooler from Steve and the remote filter from summit (sum-G4980). I used push lock style hose fittings and 3/8 transmission line from NAPA. The hardest part of the install was removing the grill and bumper, because those body fastners suck. I mangled alot of then and just bought new ones for 5 bucks. I do not have my tranny gauge installed yet but when I test drove it to check for leaks it seemed that it took a little longer to warm up.

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
That looks great!! You just motivated me to finally do mine. I think I'm gonna start it this week!! How long did it take you?

:rockon:

noahdr

Established Member
Very nice work..that is going on my to do list for sure..
Do you have the part# for the superduty cooler??
And do the superduties have that remote filter?? Im on the wall about the filter, not sure if it needs it or not. Whats wrong with the tranny filter in the pan??

Last edited:

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
It took about 6 hours but there were beer brakes and I took my time. I would/should have cleaned some stuff like the rad. and a few but maybe next time the grill and bumper is off.

I can get you the part number off the box but ill have to get it out of the trash. I don't know if the SD have a remote filter but for 32$ I don,t think it will hurt. Lets say my tranny goes at least the filter will keep stuff out of my new cooler.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
If you don't feel like digging through the trash I have my box at home, but I won't be there until 4:00.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Good job! You have the same SD cooler that I got I'm pretty sure. The filter in the pan is but a screen. I've been using this setup for some time now with AWESOME results. It does take quite a while for the trans temp to come above 100* according to my gauge but that's not a bad thing at all. :coolman:

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
been running mine quite a long time as well, over a year now. Temps stay right around 125 the majority of the time out here in SoCal....the hottest I have seen so far was 140 and that was stuck in traffic in 102 degree heat. ITs a great mod

F-250 Tranny COoler..XC3Z-7A095-CA

Dusten

Established Member
bgstew6 said:
been running mine quite a long time as well, over a year now. Temps stay right around 125 the majority of the time out here in SoCal....the hottest I have seen so far was 140 and that was stuck in traffic in 102 degree heat. ITs a great mod

F-250 Tranny COoler..XC3Z-7A095-CA
that right there sells it for me. I have seen has high as 182* on my guage cruising around in 108* heat.

Users who are viewing this thread