SD Tranny Cooler Guys

RMoore92

Established Member
Most do, doesn't add much to the overall cost. I did one.

Not worried about the cost, worried about the effectiveness and protecting a built tranny.

I just ordered the SD Cooler from Mike R at Tolsey (AKA FordSVTParts)! :)

Fade,

What did you run? I read that Tim Skelton used the Forcefield Pre-Filter and a NAPA Gold filter and had great results.

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Should still have my how to in that section. Used a summit remote filter kit and have a NAPA filter I got from Chris Nelson. Still use the regular filter inside the trans pan.

lvgolfer962

Established Member
just added the super-duty cooler and spin on filter. temps dropped a solid 25-30* depending on how hard your on it

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I ordered a cooler through Tousley also. I see most people put the braided lines but I have no experience with that stuff. I also dont have the tools for it, what is needed? I would like to do that.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Braided lines really aren't needed. Line pressure is around 60 psi, braided lines are way overkill and expensive IMO. Haven't touched mine other than to replace the filters since I originally installed it years ago.

You could eliminate the lines to the radiator but I wouldn't do it. In the winter months it takes a LONG time for my trans temp to go above 100* and my trans seems to work better when the temps get up to the 150-165 range.

lvgolfer962

Established Member
I ordered a cooler through Tousley also. I see most people put the braided lines but I have no experience with that stuff. I also dont have the tools for it, what is needed? I would like to do that.

i didnt care to mess with the braided lines either. i picked up some push lock hose and an fittings from summit. they look nice, don't leak, good for 250 psi, and were not to bad to install.

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
Yeah I was planning on using regular rubber hoses just curious

Just go to napa and get a 10" section of 3/8" brake line, and a 40" section of 3/8" brake line. Get a tubing bender, tubing cutter, and a tubing flare kit. Also get some hose clamps and a foot of oil safe hose. Mount the cooler and then mock up your hard lines, bend them to fit, and cut the end off that meets with the stock hard line. Cut the stock hard lines, flare all 4 of the meeting ends (slight flare, enough for hose clamp to bite on to), and then slip however much hose you need between them to connect them. My full installation cost me about $220 for everything, including tools. If you were to go the -AN route you can expect to pay almost $350 for all the fittings and line. That's not even including the tools to get the job done.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Just finishing up mine. put a B&M transmission filter in place, been to a few places to get the right hardware but its coming out nice.

Users who are viewing this thread