Seafoam???

Stevo151

Established Member
well last time i put something like this in roadside i got an infraction... so i thot this wud be better... :shrug:

But thanks guys for all the good info on the seafoam, ill probably be putting it in to my GT soon then...

98slowbra

Established Member
I have never used seafoam, I was thinking about it, my car has 74k on the clock and is 10 years old. I am a bit afraid to use it just in case something goes wrong, I never have any good luck. Maybe I can take it to a shop and have them do it for me? I know if I do it the motor will prob go bye bye.

earl lee

Established Member
I have never used seafoam, I was thinking about it, my car has 74k on the clock and is 10 years old. I am a bit afraid to use it just in case something goes wrong, I never have any good luck. Maybe I can take it to a shop and have them do it for me? I know if I do it the motor will prob go bye bye.

Then you must fail at life. Seriously, the stuff is idiot proof, you dont have to suck it into the manifold if you dont want to, put a can in the tank, and half in your oil (when the engine is cold of course).

Drive it for a week, change your oil, it will be blacker then satan's heart.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Just shut the **** up, buy it, put in your car and find out what the results are. Do you still ask your mommy to tie your shoes too?

Awaits lame "no, your mom, blah blah joke".

txyaloo

Established Member
well last time i put something like this in roadside i got an infraction... so i thot this wud be better... :shrug:

But thanks guys for all the good info on the seafoam, ill probably be putting it in to my GT soon then...

That's because it belongs in one of the tech sections and not the general use sections. How hard is it to realize that?

Next time, take a look here and choose one of these sections to post your technical question in.

Cobra Forums - SVTPerformance

Other Fast Ford vehicles - SVTPerformance

I doubt you'll do that though since you were ****ing stupid enough to put this waste of space in Smack Down.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
seafoam = FTW
op= FTMFL

p.s. I did seafoam on my car about 220,000 miles on my cobra, and it worked BEAUTIFULLY! I think I did almost the entire can and let it sit for like 40 minutes [it was really hard to get it started], but after that I felt like I gain some power back, throttle response, and it actually even made the exhaust sound healthier that my friend even noticed..

livefast1

Established Member
we use amsoil powerfoam at my shop, i hate the ass hats at dhl on the road i test drive because they always park and load their truck on the street, damn near blocking the road. so i usually baby the car until i get rite next to the drivers and their trucks then i let it rip.

DARK GEARS

Banned
works well. I had a nice trail when I used it about half an hour ago. I was a little scared at first when I cranked it because it took a while for it to turn on. Then it turned on and died. Finally it came on but was running really rough. It went away, and smoked quite a bit.

Dont worry about it. There are always going to be toolbags who log onto SVTP when they're bored and actually bitch about threads being in the wrong section. They just need something to complain about and raise their post count.

Last edited:
Just shut the **** up, buy it, put in your car and find out what the results are. Do you still ask your mommy to tie your shoes too?

Awaits lame "no, your mom, blah blah joke".

Aside from OUtlaw's posts, that has got to be one of the most retarded posts I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Aside from OUtlaw's posts, that has got to be one of the most retarded posts I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

:lol:

The only displeasure I see in this thread is the fact that a male joined this site, naming himself after man jizz. And if that wasn't enough, you even had to put it in your title?...

I guess it wasn't only on your mind at the time, but on your face as well.

txyaloo

Established Member
Dont worry about it. There are always going to be toolbags who log onto SVTP when they're bored and actually bitch about threads being in the wrong section. They just need something to complain about and raise their post count.

Just FYI -posts in Smack Down don't raise your post count. Plus, threads put in Smack Down are going to get bitched on. That's the point of the section.

Mike's_98_Snake

Established Member
I just Seafoam'd my '98 with 41,500 on the clock. First I sucked a 1/2 a pint of distilled H2O through the manifold to burn off the carbon, then followed with a pint of Seafoam....WOW! I really wasn't expecting the dramatic difference in throttle response. I'm a believer.

Mike

I just Seafoam'd my '98 with 41,500 on the clock. First I sucked a 1/2 a pint of distilled H2O through the manifold to burn off the carbon, then followed with a pint of Seafoam....WOW! I really wasn't expecting the dramatic difference in throttle response. I'm a believer.

Mike

I was debating on whether or not to use on my 02 w/ 60K. I wasn't sure if the motor had enough mileage to warrant using seafoam. But, since you said that used it w/ 41K miles and saw a noticable difference, I might give it a shot.

Mike's_98_Snake

Established Member
never heard of that...

Chris Novoa’s Most Shallow Depths » Engine Water Torture w SeaFoam

I've also read about some good results with this Delco product;

pi_vehcare_adh_x66a.jpg

Part X66-P
Carburetor Tune-Up Conditioner (1 pint)

also comes in quart size Part X66-Q

Is easy to use – just slowly pour or spray through the carburetor performance engine
Works effectively on a variety of engine types, from small engines to high-compression V-8s
This peak performance cleaner:
Eliminates deposits in carburetor intake, intake manifold and combustion chambers
Frees valves more effectively
Restores compression losses caused by deposits
Contains rust preventive
Will not harm painted surfaces under normal conditions
Maintains the engine cleanliness necessary for peak performance
Removes carbon from inside the engine without adverse effects on emission controls
Cleans clogged fuel injectors when used in injector cleaning devices
Makes tune-up adjustment faster and easier
Helps reduce the number of comebacks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread