sealant and wax

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago. I think the jist of it was, wax only to get deeper shine. Let sealant cure for 12-24 hours in between. I got the impression it's not needed, but if you wanna spend some quality time alone with your ride, wax it!

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I do this method as well as many other people in the car care world. There is a thread on this and you'll see that some people believe it provides no difference and is a marketing scam.

The basic benefits to this method are; sealants are man made, and contain no carnauba, thus providing the clear coat with the protection and a decent shine depending on the sealant you use. Carnauba paste waxes dont particularly last very long, but provide the deep wet look that most people want. When combining the two, you'll get the protection and the depth from both products. I would suggest trying different methods and find what works best for you.

glittle75

Established Member
I do Sealant and then Wax. It depends on the products you choose. I've found that if you do want to use both, you need to have a high quality wax. An OTC wax won't show any real difference.
Sealant provides a hard, glass like shine, Carnuba wax is the warm, dripping wet shine. Like stated above. I use Adam's Machine Super Sealant (by machine), and then top it with Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax. Looks great for me, and the reason I seal under the wax is because if I get tied up at work, and have to deploy on a whim, I know I can leave my car in the driveway and it wont be destroyed when I get home. If the wax fades, the sealent is there.
Here is the car, washed, corrected, sealed, and waxed.
Sealant has to cure for 12 hours at least, then gets a wipe to remove any remaining hazed product. Then waxed. The wax I choose is used by wiping it on the whole car extremely thin, then buffed off.

IMG_2199 by glittle75, on Flickr

IMG_2213 by glittle75, on Flickr

IMG_2029 by glittle75, on Flickr

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
i use blackfire wet diamond and let sit for a day and come back and top it with dodo juice supernatural. paint is very wet and deep looking. i suggest you do that! :)

Users who are viewing this thread