Sealant for my Tuxedo Black Sherman tank?

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
So, ive had my truck for almost a year and have been using Meguirs black wax. I laid a coat on Friday and think i might claybar it on Labor Day and apply a sealant. Ive never used it before and i have always used caranuba waxes, Pinnacle Paste Glaz on my tbird and Pinnacle Souvern on my last truck.

Any suggestions? Ive read on autogeek that i can apply caranuba on Sealant, but is there too much "cleaner" in the Black Wax?

UncleDan

Established Member
What's the condition of your paint without any wax on it? Have you ever polished before? If not, you really might want to consider it, as polishing will bring forth a shine that no sealant/wax ever could. And yes, you can apply a good carnuba paste wax on top of sealant. It's a good extra layer of protection and pretty popular to do.

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
What's the condition of your paint without any wax on it? Have you ever polished before? If not, you really might want to consider it, as polishing will bring forth a shine that no sealant/wax ever could. And yes, you can apply a good carnuba paste wax on top of sealant. It's a good extra layer of protection and pretty popular to do.
I havent polished yet. Ive had the truck since September and just did the wash, dry, wax routine. I have the meguirs DA drill attachment "thing" and have only used the soft black pads, rather than the yellow polish pads.

I do know that it sat on a desler lot for almost 7 months in Miami before i sent the window sticker pdf to my salesguy.

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
I too have the tux black. Interested to see what method you go with but the first series I used on my truck when I bought it new was m205, poor boys black hole glaze, klasse AIO and meguiars yellow wax on top. I kinda want something to enhance the depth of the tuxedo coloring but not sure what to go with.

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
I too have the tux black. Interested to see what method you go with but the first series I used on my truck when I bought it new was m205, poor boys black hole glaze, klasse AIO and meguiars yellow wax on top. I kinda want something to enhance the depth of the tuxedo coloring but not sure what to go with.

My first car was a '96 Tbird in the opalescent clearcoat metallic (pearl white) and used everything Pinnacle, clay bar, paintwork cleansing lotion, and Paste Glaz. Ive been giving autogeek's retail store money for 15 years and have read the how to's and watched the youtube vids. But, there are so many new spiffy options, it makes my head spin.

I have a little over a week and a half until i have to be back in the classroom and then labor day off....i guess ill have to do a "no rain" dance with a bit of overcast. The truck doesnt fit in my garage!

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
I hear ya. My Raptor barely fits in mine! If it weren't for the garage I don't know how my truck would look. Oh I just used it tonight but poor boys quick wax is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread