Search busted - Need clutch suggestions

Bockfipher

Established Member
I know this has been posted ump-teen times before, but it's one of those topics that you never really pay attention to until you need to.

Anyway, the search feature is busted and I need to buy a new clutch this week. I could really use some input.

I'm putting down close to 480rwhp with plans for a Stage IV port in the future, but not anytime soon. The car is a DD and is not driven hard (besides the fun runs) and has never been to the track.

Also, along with whichever cooling mod I end up choosing, what else should I plan on doing while the trans is dropped besides TOB and TOB sleeve?

Thanks much!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Spec Stage3+ would fit your needs, and run roughly $500 from lethalperformance.

If you have the money, id spring for a McLoed Twin-Disc setup ($700 from lethalperformance), youll likely never have to go bigger and from what i hear, it has even less pedal effort than the Spec.

If you plan on replacing the flywheel with a single-disc setup like the Spec S3+, the McLoed TD is a better buy since it already comes with a new flywheel (its part of the twin-disc assembly).

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
My Centerforce DF took a hell of beating before it finally gave in. I've only been running the LM now for a few miles so I really can't comment on it too much more than it has a lighter pedal feel and is a bit more grabby.

Busta1

Established Member
spec stage3+ would fit your needs, and run roughly $500 from lethalperformance.

If you have the money, id spring for a mcloed twin-disc setup ($700 from lethalperformance), youll likely never have to go bigger and from what i hear, it has even less pedal effort than the spec.

If you plan on replacing the flywheel with a single-disc setup like the spec s3+, the mcloed td is a better buy since it already comes with a new flywheel (its part of the twin-disc assembly).
+1

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I have a spec 2+. Lethal tob sleeve, NON spec tob, and 26 spline are a must IMO. Im on my second 10 spline but with a new clutch so ill have it for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread