Search is down.....hood mod question

mustangmuscle

Established Member
Any special tools needed to remove the hood blanket, or do the fasteners that hold it on just pull off by hand? I'm planning on doing the mod this weekend...any advice/help will be greatly appreciated.......thanks

CobraCPA

Established Member
You have to be a little careful on the tape you use to seal the edges of the blanket after you cut the hole. I used the metal tape you would use for duct work, not duct tape, but the real shiny stuff. It worked great and no melting of the glue or tape.

I also removed the plastic doors as opposed to folding them under the blanket, it works great and the engine bay is considerably cooler.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Hmmm....I may have to try this..so, it actual helps keep it cooler? No fear of rain getting in those slots? Not that my car is out in the rain but, just a thought.

mustangmuscle

Established Member
thanks!

Thanks CobraCPA for the reply and info. I was considering what to do with the flaps. Now I will use the tape you recommended.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Another option you can use to seal the cut blanket edge is boat Flex Trim.....Looks more finished and works well. Folding the flaps back under the blanket is another way of keeping the scoops open while still retaining the ability to close them up if desired.

Users who are viewing this thread