Seat Covers

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I need some ideas and opinions on affordable seat covers for my 2002 GT convertible.

My driver seat has seen better days, but replacing, or reskinning it is out of my budget.

I am doing my best to stay around $50. At the moment, that is the budget I have.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mustangv6nomore

Established Member
The drivers seat is always the problem. For that kind of money, all you are going to get is something off of Ebay or the local auto parts store. It will at least buy you some time until you can find a nicer seat or reskin the ones you have.

Right now, I am waiting for the new upholstery for my Mustang. There was a 4-6 week lead time on it. I decided to go with vinyl instead of leather because the cost was about $700 vs $ 1100, and TMI said the only part of the seat that was leather originally is where you sit. The backs of the seat and sides were vinyl anyway. Since the car will be my daily driver, vinyl is fine.

Maybe you can find a nicer seat in some wrecking yard, or on Craigslist.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I will make my seats a priority at some point. At the moment I just need something that is reasonable.

I looked at the TMI covers. I would love to have a pair, but not today.

Mustangv6nomore

Established Member
Nothing wrong with doing something like that to just make it look better and feel better, I have done the same thing a few times. I know nothing about this Ebay ad, but they seem to have a good rating, and the covers look better than what someone like Autozone might have. There are a lot of ads like this on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ProSyn-Bla...ash=item21334b0da2:g:Ni0AAOSwIUNXF9FV&vxp=mtr

Just something else to consider, maybe.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Nothing wrong with doing something like that to just make it look better and feel better, I have done the same thing a few times. I know nothing about this Ebay ad, but they seem to have a good rating, and the covers look better than what someone like Autozone might have. There are a lot of ads like this on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ProSyn-Bla...ash=item21334b0da2:g:Ni0AAOSwIUNXF9FV&vxp=mtr

Just something else to consider, maybe.
I saw those. I would really like to see them in person.

Users who are viewing this thread