seat install question, need help!!

Kartracer

Established Member
Happy New Year SVT dudes.
I am installing my Corbeau Forzas and if i do not use the brackets I will be sitting kind of low which I imagine I could get used to but if I use the brackets i will obviously be sitting up higher which will be better to see the track etc but should i be concerned about being closer to the roof in case of roll over. I have a mm 6 point that i will be welding in.

Kartracer

Established Member
never mind, i have the wrong brackets, i am good or atleast will be once i get the right ones.
might just make some spacers and bolt them in.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
The lower you set them, the cooler you'll look with shades. :coolman:

I gotta get around to welding my brackets I fabbed two years ago. Right now I have to keep tightening the bolts every couple months. :nonono:

wheelhopper

Established Member
While we are at it, has anyone mounted Cobra Clubman seats in their Stang? I have to install mine and was going to try to use the brackets off my stock seats.

Kartracer

Established Member
The lower you set them, the cooler you'll look with shades. :coolman:

I gotta get around to welding my brackets I fabbed two years ago. Right now I have to keep tightening the bolts every couple months. :nonono:

Did you just mount your seats to the floor pan? Do you get used to sitting that low? I am 5'10", are you a lot taller then that?
I do have pretty cool shades..

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
No, I fabbed up a set of brackets to mate my Hunsaker seats to stock (manual) mounts.
I had planned to weld the brackets once I knew they worked, just haven't yet.

chrish900

TT Crazy
Established Member
Rule of thumb with a cage is to make sure the top of your helmet is below the bottom of the roof bars. I was actually too tall for the stock seats and my helmet was close to the roof even when leaning the seats back. When I had the cage welded in, I had the Sparco race seats installed practically on the floor giving me the proper helmet clearance. It felt strange at first sitting so low but it is actually working well.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Rule of thumb with a cage is to make sure the top of your helmet is below the bottom of the roof bars. I was actually too tall for the stock seats and my helmet was close to the roof even when leaning the seats back. When I had the cage welded in, I had the Sparco race seats installed practically on the floor giving me the proper helmet clearance. It felt strange at first sitting so low but it is actually working well.

Tall people have a higher center of gravity.:bored::poke:

People 5'8" and under have to have an advantage somewhere.:rollseyes:-D
Might as well be on the race track.

Cause it ain't happening out in the business world or cage fighting. LOL!:beer:

I have NOT been drinking.:bash::p

Kartracer

Established Member
The seats came with the Corbeau sliders so I took the sliders off of the bracket and bolted the seat to the bracket, so far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread