Seats N Stuff

Daywalker

Established Member
Decided to throw some CR-1s in my Cobra, I love how these seats feel. I'm 6'4" so I also installed some Kenny Brown seat rail extenders to help keep my knees from hurting on long drives...:banana:

VannaCorbeau1.jpg

VannaCorbeau3.jpg

Woody6799

Established Member
I love the factory seats... but at 6'4" I can see why you may need a swap lol us 5' 10" fellers will just stay down here lol

Daywalker

Established Member
Haha yeah, I had nothing against the factory cobra seats but the Corbeaus and rail extenders were literally collecting dust in my GT that hasn't run in three years, figured I'd put them to use...

Daywalker

Established Member
To me they are yeah. I really dig the stock Cobra seats for sure, but I love how the CR-1s hug you...

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
do you have a pic of your rear delete set up looks like you havea sub or two back there just looking for ideas for mine.

Daywalker

Established Member
Actually I just have a couple subs sitting on the seats, I had to pull them from the box to get them re-foamed lol. The back seats are still totally stock...;-)

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Those look great. I wish there was a way to move the stock seats back without making them sit up higher. I'm 6'3". I have a set of seat extenders. I love the room it gives but I had to pull them out because of how high the seats sit up. Sucks.

Daywalker

Established Member
im kinda fat 6'3 245 and a 42 inch waist am I fitting in something like those

Indeed! These are the wide versions, I was 280ish with a 42-44 inch waist when I bought them and they were just fine. I've lost 50lbs but they still fit pretty well...

Those look great. I wish there was a way to move the stock seats back without making them sit up higher. I'm 6'3". I have a set of seat extenders. I love the room it gives but I had to pull them out because of how high the seats sit up. Sucks.

Yeah that's the only downside, they move you up a solid inch at least. I'm ok with that though, my knees feel a ton better and I kinda like not feeling like I'm sitting on the ground when I get in...

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah that's the only downside, they move you up a solid inch at least. I'm ok with that though, my knees feel a ton better and I kinda like not feeling like I'm sitting on the ground when I get in...

I hate it. It already feels like the seat is up too high to me. With the extenders it feels like I'm on top of the car instead of down in it. Sucks
Can't have my cake and eat it too I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread