Second gear grinding

gs462

Established Member
I searched and found nothing. My 13 Boss just turned 30k miles, in the very recent past anytime I try to shift into seconds gear at high RPM the transmission grinds bad. Is this a common problem with the MT-82?? Also does anyone know a dealer in Ohio that wont give me a PITA to fix the car.. I bought the car a lil over year ago and it was certified so it should be under warranty.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Is it actual grinding, or does it feel locked out?

If locked out, that's the typical clutch issue lots of us are having with high RPM shifts. Replacing the clutch and the clutch line apparently fix the problem... I have a batch of new parts waiting to go in to see if it fixes the problem for me.

Davemcc

Established Member
I had my transmission rebuilt three times for grinding second gear before they replaced the transmission. After the third rebuild, I had the service manager drive it and he got a good "crunch" going into second leaving his dealership. Even the new transmission shifts like a bag of rocks into second until it's fully warmed up and that's with the MGW shifter and blowfish bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread