Second sail...

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
For those of you that remember the first sail where I found a hole, broke the rudder and generally had a blast, this one was much better. I got the boat back Thursday and the new rudder Friday. My daughter and I got her in the water after having to press the keel winch handle into double duty as the trailer winch handle. The winds were 15 gusting steady to 20 and we made sail with both full up. She goes hard to windward now that the keel works and hits hull speed easily. There were four sailboats on the lake, I'd never seen four out there at one time before and two got knocked down with one capsize. Everyone came out ok but the powerboaters had issues too. We spent some hours out there ripping across the lake wherever we cared to go. Some of the gusts were sustained and I had to round up twice when the rails got below the water. It was absolutely AMAZING! This is what I pictured when I bought this boat and decided I was gonna learn to sail. Other than some water in the cockpit from rambunctious sailing, the boat stayed nice and dry. I got to experience the keel cable song and was amazed at how high the pitch would get at speed. I'll be back in the water soon, maybe this afternoon if I can find some crew.

Users who are viewing this thread