Second Street Speed roller rockers & lifters.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Just passing the info along to you guys.

Second Street Speed is developing a new set of roller rockers and solid lifters for the SOHC/DOHC 4.6 The cost is around $3500 for the DOHC cars and around $1700 for the SOHC cars. Bear in mind this is still in developement, prices can and probably will still change. This cost does not include the new springs needed to optimize the new rockers & lifters. Currently Bill at Second Street Speed tells me they are using IRL springs. He also tells me that those springs are just a bit much for this application. However, they did gain 40+ FWHP and 40+FWTW on a DOHC that utilized P&P 99 heads, SHM cams, and an 8.5:1 compression SHM long block with only the addition of the rockers, lifters,and springs.

Bill at Second Street Speed has also told me they are working with Comp Cams to start marketing these items. He says a good seat pressure is about 130 and a good open pressure is about 350. I think that Comp will be able to supply the springs no problem. I think we need to encourage Comp to help market and develope the rockers and lifters. I believe that if Comp becomes involved the prices will come down a good bit due to their marketing ability/budget. They also have a lot of resources that can help develope these items more rapidly.

I'd really like to give a huge thanks to all the guys at Second Street Speed that have come up with some very good hard parts that we need for the 4.6 It is this type initiative that we really need more of for the 4.6 crowd. Edlebrock, Holley and a few of you other "performance companies", care to join the cause??

Wildpony

Established Member
It is nice that we have another option to look at, but I will look at other ways to get more power before buying these @ $3500. I also see Robert Yates is trying his hand at 4 valve motors for different racing divisions. Hopefully some parts will come out of his R&D.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Yeah, that would be nice. Ah, to think that we may sweet talk Yates into developing a set of heads for our cars!!:beer: The 4V crowd definitely is starting to get the much awaited intrest it deserves from the aftermarket gurus.

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
I just read about these rollers. They sound great and I see that they can be installed without pulling the cams. That's a GREAT benefit. Once the price comes down, I'll be first in line to put these in my car.

COBRASVT

Established Member
Originally posted by PowerCobra98
I just read about these rollers. They sound great and I see that they can be installed without pulling the cams. That's a GREAT benefit. Once the price comes down, I'll be first in line to put these in my car.

I read the article as well....daaaamn nice quality and a fairly easy install....

Price is still waaaaaaaaay to high encompassing the R&D I guess...they need to get to selling them so the price will be more in line....

I would like to have them though....

CobraClan

Established Member
That SSS stuff looks wicked. Those, coupled with all the new cobra valvetrain stuff coming down the pipeline, should make for some interesting things over the next year. I can't wait.

J

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Exactly right. If Comp Cams comes opn board with this, that would be awesome. So everyone call our favorite Modular Comp Cams expert, Dennis Miles, and beg him to get them on this one. ;-)

CobraClan

Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
Exactly right. If Comp Cams comes opn board with this, that would be awesome. So everyone call our favorite Modular Comp Cams expert, Dennis Miles, and beg him to get them on this one. ;-)

True, but that's not who I was referring to.........:eek:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
All I mean is that SSS has approached Comp about helping with the marketing. If Comp does help market them they will be cheaper. There are alot of companies making springs, valves and cams for the SOHC/DOHC motors now.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
would be nice to have those at the price of pushrod RR and lifters. even double the price would be great but 3500 is a lot of bread. sounds like a great mod if you can afford it.

A

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
I keep on thinking about these things and even went back and read the story in the mag again. I know I've got to be patient with these things but I want to get them RIGHT NOW! Seems like a straight forward and easy install too.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by PowerCobra98
I keep on thinking about these things and even went back and read the story in the mag again. I know I've got to be patient with these things but I want to get them RIGHT NOW! Seems like a straight forward and easy install too.

I know, I'm the same way. You can install them without lifting the cams even. MUST RESIST URGE FOR NOW!!:-D

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
I know, I'm the same way. You can install them without lifting the cams even. MUST RESIST URGE FOR NOW!!:-D

No kidding. I raised my brough when I read that the cams can stay in place. Just be lucky you only have to buy 16 of them!!

Users who are viewing this thread