Secondaries...Why bother???

rilestoneSVT

Established Member
This may be a dumb question, but I was thinking about whether it was possible to have the secondary runners open up at a lower rpm than 3750. It would seem that we could get more power that way. However, by doing that I'm sure a lot of other things would need to be worked out with the engine. Has anyone ever heard of someone doing this? Is it even possible?? If so, what are your opinions???

thanks in advance.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
actually the runners open at two different points, the one you already mentioned is when you are just cruising around town.

When you get on it, they open up at 3400. And I believe just like a SHO, they can be chipped to open up earlier.

I know Greg (DemonSVT) doesn't have any secondaires, but I think that should stay with the highly modified cars out there.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Having them open earlier would most likely hurt your bottom end power. I'd either remove them all together(which could cause some drivability problems in lower rpms in favor of better top end power) or leave them the way they are, possibly optimizing them the same way you would the throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread