Secondaries

celerypowered

Established Member
I know the csvt's secondaries open at 3400 under wot and at 3800 when less then wot. No matter if i am 50% or 100% they always open at 3800. Is it the pcm that tells the imrc when to open? Maybe a newer pcm flash would help it, if that were the issue. Also a couple times my secondaries have stopped opening and each time i would pull over shut the car off, pop the hood and pull off the plug to the imrc and plug it back in and it would work again. So maybe my imrc is taking a shit. Thanks.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Your IMRC might be taking a shit like you said. Have you ever cleaned the manifolds out? You might have so much carbon buildup, that they're sticking. I'd take off the plastic IMRC cover if you haven't already. I'd try cleaning the manifold though anyway, and I mean taking them off and scrubbing them.

Mark

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
i just put a new IMRC box on my car and they only open at 3800 no matter what i do. i later heard that they are probably opening, and you just cant feel it unless your at or near WOT. /shrug

celerypowered

Established Member
WOT for me still happens at 3800. A buddy of mine had a 1998.5 E1 and you could see his open by 3500. My car is an E0 so I wonder if there were any pcm or ecu software updates?

Last edited:

Y2KSVT

Established Member
You could possibly have a TPS voltage problem, where your computer isn't recognizing WOT. Just a thought, as 3800rpms is when they open when below WOT. WOT on SVT's is 3200rpms, and I believe 3400 or 3500rpms on non-SVT's.

Mark

Y2KSVT

Established Member
I believe it's in the $120 range. I could be off, because I haven't priced one out in almost 2 years. Even then, I was given a discount price. I do know that they aren't cheap.

Mark

celerypowered

Established Member
Checked the TPS, its getting 4.78v at WOT. A ford technician told me thats right where its supposed to be. Also the IMRC voltage drops to 0.88v and sometimes 1.1v when open. Is there supposed to be variance in that or that maybe it crapping out.

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
IMRC with cable is 270 retail with markup......if you go through tousley parts depot (steve) you can get it for about 130 after tax. there markup on electronic stuff is insane..... i checked the price at forest lake ford and they were like 249 before tax.

Users who are viewing this thread