Secret to removing T56 "Bitch Bolt" (Spec ST w/ 26 spline input install)

specizripn

Established Member
So the other weekend I installed a Spec ST twin disc clutch, aluminum flywheel, upgraded TOB, upgraded TOB retainer sleeve, and 26 spline input shaft. Now before the installation I read up on installs and tons of people kept complaining about the so called Bitch Bolt. Well let me just say it took me maybe 15 seconds to remove it ;-)

GhettoExtensions_zps2728f2c4.jpg

You're looking at like 2 feet of extensions LOL

Heres everything dropped, which didn't take too long at all with just a floor jack and some wrenches. The only bolts that didn't want to cooperate were the ones that bolt the H-pipe to the manifold.

T56_zps3c2a0699.jpg

And heres some eye candy! Too bad I'll never see this again (hopefully, or unless I upgrade to bronze forks, carbon synchros and such).
SpecST_zps9eb6b4d3.jpg

This thing is soooo soft it's incredible! It's hard to believe it has such a high torque rating:rockon: except for the price :eek: It's about as stiff as a 99-04 GT clutch, which is pretty crazy; much stiffer than the pos single disc clutch that was in the car, which wasn't broken in properly by the past owner :fm: Right now i'm breaking it in, so I haven't gotten on it, but from what I can tell the clutch is pretty nice. There is some chatter which should be expected from a twin disk, and unless something changes during the break-in process, it's going to be hard to slip this clutch, but we will see. I'm not used to being able to easily hold in the clutch while at a long stop light :bowdown: Once it's fully broken in I will report back with any changes, but so far I really like the clutch. Just wanted to give my opinion on the clutch because I know a lot of people are in the market for a high-hp withstanding systems and many don't want a clutch that will break your leg. I also wanted to share how I got the bolt out, because honestly I spent more time connecting every extension I could find, than getting the bolt out. Theres tons of space to move the ratchet freely when you can reach from all the way behind the transmission :dancenana:

TRBO VNM

LOL, I use my 36" long 1/2" extension and 15mm deep socket to get it. Same with the other one up there.

Good to hear about the spec clutch

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yeah I have a 4ft 1/2" extension and I put a swivel socket on there with a impact gun and it comes right out never have an issue ha. God bless air tools

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
I'm in the process of installing my RXT and this info helped greatly. I just bought a 20" extension to go along with my 10" extension and it was cake!

snakeraper11b

Established Member
So the other weekend I installed a Spec ST twin disc clutch, aluminum flywheel, upgraded TOB, upgraded TOB retainer sleeve, and 26 spline input shaft. Now before the installation I read up on installs and tons of people kept complaining about the so called Bitch Bolt. Well let me just say it took me maybe 15 seconds to remove it ;-)

I never understood it either. One look up there and I was headed to the garage for every extensions. You would think if you we'rent mechanically inclined enough to solved that problem you wouldn't be doing something as ambitious as pulling a trans :shrug:

I'm part of the extension club as well. Ain't no body got time to buy a single 4'-er!
0042_zps3e83657f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread