Security Systems for the GT 500 Which one do you get

Requis

Established Member
Wasn't sure if this was posted but I didn't see the link going back a couple of pages so I thought since I had the opportunity to fill in my order information for the GT 500 todayI'd ask the question.

What Alarm or security System do you recemend and why for the GT 500?

Curious to know?

I'm looking at the base alarm system and a boomerang any thoughts?

Cheers,

Requis

Ordered:
GT 500 Coupe - Ebony with Tungsten Stripes, Shaker 1000, and leather Trim option with Charcoal grey inserts. (no Sirius option in Canada...damn!)

After 1 year No longer on a list for GT 500 :banana:

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
:beer:

Wow, which Ontario dealer took your order? Myself, friend, and another member (07 Shelby) are all waiting for a call.

by the way, I believe the gt500 comes with an alarm and some sort of starter disable as std. equipment.

Oh, and good choice on ebony. If my call comes, my avatar is my choice.

Congrats!!

R1Lello

Established Member
chuckstang said:
wihte stripes on the black eh ?

:)

Yes sir, that avatar was created by my sis in law........Tungsten stripes too dark for me, and my first choice of silver is not available

jduffy

Requis said:
Ordered:
GT 500 Coupe - Ebony with Tungsten Stripes, Shaker 1000, and leather Trim option with Charcoal grey inserts. (no Sirius option in Canada...damn!)

After 1 year No longer on a list for GT 500 :banana:

Requis,

I agree with the others, I too am on a list waiting for the dealer to call. Which dealer took your order and what do they know that all the other delers don't?

R1Lello

Established Member
jduffy said:
Requis,

I agree with the others, I too am on a list waiting for the dealer to call. Which dealer took your order and what do they know that all the other delers don't?

Hey, nice avatar!!! fyi, stangsunleashed has a real picture of ebony with tungsten...............looks good too !!!

jduffy

R1Lello said:

Hey, nice avatar!!! fyi, stangsunleashed has a real picture of ebony with tungsten...............looks good too !!!

Sorry, If I stole your Avatar R1Lello, but Black with White Stripes is the only way to go (White with Blue Stripes is a very close second). When I get the call from my dealer that's the way I'm going.

JD

R1Lello

Established Member
jduffy said:
Sorry, If I stole your Avatar R1Lello, but Black with White Stripes is the only way to go (White with Blue Stripes is a very close second). When I get the call from my dealer that's the way I'm going.

JD

Hey, no apologies required. Maybe we can cruise the two black/white ones together . The Tungsten photos have my thinking though...........well, at least I seem to be firm on the ebony ext.

Requis

Established Member
jduffy said:
Requis,

I pretty much meet with my dealer on a regular basis (Weekly) as they are near my customer in Scarborough. :) He indicated that the order banks for Canada will be opening in May. I am about to head off on a business trip and advised him I was going to be out of town for a few weeks. He indicated he would take the order information and plug it in when it opened. Since I have had my deposit down since last year. We looked at the Canadian order guide pretty much the same as the one for the US with a couple of exceptions:

1) No Sirius Satelite availability
2) and the only option is the shaker 500 or 1000
3) Lastly the stripe deletes
4) The leather dash is not an option it is standard for Canada, the inserts however can be customized Charcoal grey, Black, or Red

everything else is standard equipment.

We filled in the information and he indicated he would see me when I get back or let me know earlier if there was a shipping date. On my original agreement it lists MSRP as the price so since we're both okay with that its a go.

Sorry for the confusion, I may be jumping the gun, but I'm being told I'm getting the car.

Thought about White Stripes...then I saw the Hertz car and thought...I like the stripes but too big a contrast...lighter stripes.

Cheers,

Requis

R1Lello

Established Member
:idea:

Hmmmm...............if it's true the Canadian cars can get diff. inserts, then I may go Tungsten stripes with grey int. inserts. ;-)

Requis

Established Member
Can someone let me know how they got an image in the Signature I'd like to put the picture of the wheels I ordered from Shelby Automotive.

Cheers,

Requis

Requis

Established Member
R1Lello said:

Wow, which Ontario dealer took your order? Myself, friend, and another member (07 Shelby) are all waiting for a call.

by the way, I believe the gt500 comes with an alarm and some sort of starter disable as std. equipment.

Oh, and good choice on ebony. If my call comes, my avatar is my choice.

Congrats!!

DO you think the Alarm that comes with the vehicle is enough?

Cheers,

Requis

Requis

Established Member
PowerWheels said:
I'd personally get the Glock system!

Didn't get this till now...not in the know on guns... :idea: till a friend was reading over my shoulder saw your post and said yup I'd get the glock..or something a little bigger.... LOL

any one know if the lojack technology is avaialable in Canada? Or is the boomerang the same thing?

Cheers,

Requis

Users who are viewing this thread