See where the police hide the ((radar speed + pic))

ModsAway

Established Member
You have to remember that speed kills in a lot of instances. Many accidents could have been avoided if the person had not been exceeding the speed limit. That being said I speed, but I am smart about it, I take all circumstances (traffic, weather, etc) into account.

With the above in mind a lot of coppers take the above into account as well. Personally speeding on a wide open road (not excessive speeding) would be used as a justifiable reason to stop the vehicle and speak with the driver. If you fail the attitude test (A@@hole) then you get your ticket. Otherwise its a polite warning. Many traffic stops result in what some of the above people posted such as discovering drugs.

'Nuff said, the police in general are doing this for your own safety but as in any crowd there are still some ticket commando officers.

Also, there are still hundreds of police working on all your complaints such as drugs, violent crimes, etc. Traffic cops are just another department, all other aspects of crime are still being looked after. Get off your high horses and accept the fact that you got caught and punished for doing something YOU KNOW IS WRONG!!!!!!!

You all already know this, sorry for the long post.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Here in Nebraska I've seen plain cloths cops next to electric or cable switch boxes (ya know the big ones for an entire nationhood) with it open and a hard hat on acting like they are fixing it, radar-ing people! I have also seen them with a lawn chair in the summer like they are just relaxing near the sidewalk. And worst of all as BUMBS!!! Sneaky bastards!

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Oh yeah I almost forgot, once they got my dad (I was in the car) with a train that was stationary but close enough to a intersection to put on the blinking red lights but not enough to bring down the gate. Three blocks later they were writing everyone up for unsafely crossing the train tracks. But you could see the cops standing on the train hanging out shooting the shit! We slowed but though the train was broken down so we kept going, Bam ticket! Made me want to go back and chew em out.

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
Get off your high horses and accept the fact that you got caught and punished for doing something YOU KNOW IS WRONG!!!!!!!

Wrong? Puh?! I'll let the man upstairs determine who is right and wrong, not some person who feels he has the power over everyone on the road.

besides, then we should have less traffic cops, and put the extras into real police crime work. accidents aren't do to speeding, they are due to stupid people.

I think speeding on a highway should be completely acceptable assuming its non-reckless driving. Just like the autobahn, they have cars going 140+mph, but they are not doing it recklessly.

Suburb and residential areas i agree, speeding is mos def wrong given the surroundings of kids, houses, pets and small roads...these are where the tickets should be given. not to someone on the highway going 80mph and passing in the left lane. I bet most hwy accidents are due to someone being in the wrong lane they should be in based on their speed.

I have yet to get a speeding ticket, but i rarely speed, if i do, its no more than 6-7mph over tops. (except HWY)

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I'm just waiting for cameras. They don't pull you over, you know where they are, and they usually don't snap you unless you are going 11 or more over the speed limit. ;-)

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I would rather have cameras...we are starting to get them around charlotte and the law is....If you get shot speeding with one of them it is like an 80-100 dollar ticket. The benefit is no points on your liscence because it wasnt issued by an officer. With no points on the license, that means no insurance points either.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
heh, thats kinda funny. i think i would have to spray paint the lens black some evening

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by Double"O"
heh, thats kinda funny. i think i would have to spray paint the lens black some evening

Actuall, I think using a Saw-Zaw would be more effective. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread