seeking '96 Cobra-suspension advice

therzl

Established Member
I own a slightly modified 96 Cobra with 69k miles. The suspension is original stock. I'm considering Max. Mot. Starter Box which includes H&R race springs, cast/camb plates, pinion snubber, Bilstein sport-valved struts/shocks and spring isolators. They're asking $ 1,118. Is this the right way to go? Should I consider a coil-over set-up? Are cast/cam plates necessary? Thank you in advance.

95PGTTech

Established Member
camber caster plates are necessary for any lowering greater than 3/4" in the front to keep the car in proper alignment, whether you are going for factory specs or MM's specs.

how much are you going to do to the car suspension wise? are shocks/springs enough for you, or do you plan more? if you plan more, go straight to the coilovers, they are basically the same price. if you think you'll be content with just doing shocks/springs/lca/subframes, you're making the right choice with the starter box

amorrow

Established Member
Go with their coil-over kit...better ride quality with comparative handling characteristics, and virtually infinite ride-height adjustability are two things that totally outweight the modest cost difference, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread