Sell '69 Mach 1 for '04 CO Cobra?

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Thanks, my car was a basket case and probably shouldn't have been saved so trust me I meant no disrespect.

I should have said it will take 20k to make that a nice driver. It is a nice place to start though. Paint and body work would be 10k easy. To go through the engine, transmission, rear end, brakes,suspension and fuel system will be 10k for a budget rebuild. I think you can get a repo interior done for a couple grand.

My Mach probably gets more looks than my current OW cobra but my SB cobra got the most looks of any car lol. I live in a town of 20k and have the only terminator. I know of at least seven 69-70
Machs in the area, 4 of which are 428 cars lol.

No disrespect taken at all. In fact, I have lots of respect for you and others that post often with great advice. Thanks!

awakened

Established Member
I would probably sell the Mach and the black cobra and add the CO cobra. This way you and your wife could cruise together in two rare colors. 3 cobras seems a little overkill unless your goal is to collect cobras.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
I would probably sell the Mach and the black cobra and add the CO cobra. This way you and your wife could cruise together in two rare colors. 3 cobras seems a little overkill unless your goal is to collect cobras.

Actually, I'm considering purging the Mach and my other projects... '68 Road Runner 383 4spd, and '69 Road Runner 440-6 4spd. I've had them for years and don't see me getting around to them anytime soon. So...lose 3, growback 1... I'm still headed in the right direction, no? LOL.

Seriously, I am trying to downsize out of projects, but a CO Cobra is on bucket list, whether I step out of the black Cobra or end up with 3. It's all about timing, I suppose.

Papaw

Established Member
I'd hang on to the Mach.
Don't get me wrong, late models are cool and I regret not having some of them, but I regret much more the classics that I've sold.
I never seem to remember the money I've sold them for, just the fact that I don't have them any more.

awakened

Established Member
Actually, I'm considering purging the Mach and my other projects... '68 Road Runner 383 4spd, and '69 Road Runner 440-6 4spd. I've had them for years and don't see me getting around to them anytime soon. So...lose 3, growback 1... I'm still headed in the right direction, no? LOL.

Seriously, I am trying to downsize out of projects, but a CO Cobra is on bucket list, whether I step out of the black Cobra or end up with 3. It's all about timing, I suppose.
Well in that case, going from 5 to 3 and specializing in terminators sounds good.

Last edited:

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
This....
I have a 428 car and if it wasn't for it being a father/son project with my dad and my old high school car it would be gone. The terminator does everything the Mach can do and more.
This is true. If you enjoy the classic's then keep it. But the Terminator is a lot easier to drive more frequently. Not to mention the supercharger whine you hear from the Termi's

Users who are viewing this thread