Sell me on an exhaust setup

RS22

Established Member
I currently have magnaflow catback and bbk o/r X pipe on my car and I am debating swapping it out down the road.

I was leaning towards 2 chamber flows and a mac o/r H pipe because I like that muscle car sound but the magnaflow & o/r X combo is starting to grow on me.

I'm wondering what other combos sound great that I might have overlooked. I was thinking possibly bassani catback but we'll see.

Anyways, sell me on something :beer:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
thats a loaded question, these cars sound badass under many different combos. But one thing is for certain...you can go with a "conservative" setup and still obtain tremendous performance. Even with the factory manifolds. My car makes 714/650 to the wheel with the factory manifolds, catted magn x, and borla stinger. Pretty quiet cruising, but roars to life at 22psi with a very bassy sound level. No rasp :rockon:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
If you are going for the muscle sound do an H with a chambered muffler.... A more smooth exotic sound and X with a straight through muffler.

I went with the latter Bassani X and catback. Couldn't be happier.

This is my buddies car from last saturday. We went on some back roads. He has a full bassani exhaust.

[youtube_browser]Tnmg1n2cjDU[/youtube_browser]

RS22

Established Member
Wow great posts. I am leaning towards a bassani o/r X and bassani catback for a more exotic sound. I love the chambered muffler w/ an o/r H but I think that'll be too loud and noisy for me these days. I want something that cruises well but sounds good when I get on it.

JCH03SVT

Established Member
Don't buy anything other than borla for cat back. It's the best out there in my opinion. It sounds great with a bassani x!

SVTwhore

Established Member
I was running the bassani o/r x and slp lm2's. Too loud for me, tons of drone inside while cruising at any speed. I actually just sold the bassani and bought a mac prochamber and hopefully I can at least sell my lm2 resonators if not the whole setup and pick up magnaflow mufflers. I just want a nice mellow tone so I can be quiet at cruising speeds.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I was running the bassani o/r x and slp lm2's. Too loud for me, tons of drone inside while cruising at any speed. I actually just sold the bassani and bought a mac prochamber and hopefully I can at least sell my lm2 resonators if not the whole setup and pick up magnaflow mufflers. I just want a nice mellow tone so I can be quiet at cruising speeds.
You want a mellow tone, but got a cat back who's name is "Loud Mouth"? :) Any offroad mid pipe is going to be noisy. Hi flow cats will numb the sound a little and you wont lose a ton of power.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
From the videos I've heard, a o/r Mac pro chamber and stingers sounds awesome. The pro chamber kills some of the rasp but still keeps it loud. I cant wait to put my stingers on

Users who are viewing this thread