sell on amazon

Established Member
Does anyone on here sell on amazon? Want to try advertising, as well as a sale, but hitting a wall.

JJackson515

Established Member
Back in the day anything I could source from stores, online discount stores, etc. Would be anything from clothing, to car/bike parts, electronics. Since then though Ive had steady suppliers that i have befriended (some local, some not) and stick with Nike and Under Armor apparel, Some car items like tuners, and Powersports Items. The sweet spot is clothing if you can find a supplier willing to sell to you as the mark up is crazy.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
I tried to once, but their fee made Paypal & ebay fees look like pocket change.

JJackson515

Established Member
I tried to once, but their fee made Paypal & ebay fees look like pocket change.

Depends IMO.

Amazon charges 12% in most categories, 15% in some. Then they charge you their shipping discount (which is huge. a 50lb item can be sent for under $12)/.They take care of your customer service, fulfillment, everything. All you have to do is set your prices and watch inventory to know when you need to send more in. The extra point or two is worth that IMO as Im not chained to my house or office all day. I can travel whenever and not have to worry about having to ship out a package.

ebay and paypal are on average 10.9% to 12.9%. However, you get bent over on paying shipping, customer service sucks on there. I hate dealing with people on ebay as they leverage negative feedback against you.

Established Member
I sell on amazon full time and do pretty well for myself. what are you wanting to know?
I have a seller account but sales are slow. I was going to try advertising along with a sale, but I'm not having any luck getting the advertising set up

JJackson515

Established Member
I have a seller account but sales are slow. I was going to try advertising along with a sale, but I'm not having any luck getting the advertising set up

I guess i got a few questions before giving advise.

what are you selling?

what is the reason you are wanting to advertise? Is it because you are needing to sell at a higher price than what the buy box is? Is it because you are wanting to hone in on key words that customers are searching and want your item to show at the top?

Amazon is already set up to go all the SEO stuff for you on google, bing, etc as thats part of their fee.

Established Member
Its a tubing cutter I manufacture. So I am the only one with it on amazon. As the country has gone to pex, copper pipe cutters don't have the demand and I still have inventory, which Id like to move. Also started to look at their international program, because some countries still use copper in houses.

Users who are viewing this thread