Selling my 18" Stern wheels

racerbox77

Established Member
I'm thinkin bout sellin my Stern wheels and getting some 17" Weld Alumi star 2.0's. I saw them on an 86 Fox in a magazine and it looked awesome. I'm goin to convert my car from road suspension to straight line. Changin the springs and takin the front sway bar off. Nobody I cruise with road races.

The wheels are made by Stern (same company that made the Foxbody Saleen rims). They are absolutly mint. 18x8.5 front 18x9.5 rear. Tires are very good sticky road tire. Toyo T1R's 245/40/18 front 275/35/18 rear. Bought these last year and tires are like new. Comes with special chrome lug nuts. Backspacing is perfect for a Foxbody or SN95 with fox length axles and 95 spindles. Rear backspacing is 5.95 and fronts I cant remember but they fit perfect. I have NEVER seen these wheels on another Mustang before. Lookin to get around $1300.

I'm goin to post these on Corral and Stangnet and Craigslist soon.
I'll get more pics up soon these are the only ones I have at work.

Last edited:

longrodLX

Established Member
$1700? those wheels arent that expensive. you can pick up a set for about $600 new minus tires

racerbox77

Established Member
$1700? those wheels arent that expensive. you can pick up a set for about $600 new minus tires

I paid $1899 for wheels, tires balanced with lug nuts. I did research today and you can buy the wheels alone for $800 being chrome with the staggerd sizes. The tires are $190 each for the rears and $170 for the fronts. Lug nuts are $25. That would be $1545. Damn these things came down in price. So new price $1300.

Last edited:

longrodLX

Established Member
oh yeah....i forgot since i had these same wheels except in black for my twin turbo 99 GT for a week before i switched to saleens

longrodLX

Established Member
they are nice wheels and they look great in chrome on your cobra. post up some pics of the wheels you are changing to

Users who are viewing this thread