Selling Price?

MachJoe

Established Member
If I were to sell the Mach, what is a realistic price I could get for a 2 owner, 60k mile, 5spd, excellent condition Mach? I really wouldn't want to consider anything less than $13k.

4a7191a

Established Member
Kbb or Nada in your area plus 1k or so. Then obo. That's fair if the car is clean.
Me mines worth close to 16 in my area because of the low miles and I wouldn't take less than 18 for her unless I was in a bind.
I know mods dont add value but mines got a lot done to her :/

MachJoe

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I have quite a few mods myself and I don't really want or need to sell. I'm in the market of buying a house and I'm working a bunch of overtime, so I don't have time to drive her on the weekends anymore. I'm just trying to weigh my options I suppose.

starnsey

Established Member
I'm in your area and my Mach also has a lot of mods. Enough to compete or outperform a stock 03/04 Cobra in all aspects (power/suspension). So although mods don't add any value, I really would not want to give mine up for less than $15k at the very bottom unless I was in a dire situation. My car also has about 55k miles.

Unfortunately, the market seems pretty damn awful right now for Mach's. I kick myself when I see super low mileage stock Mach's for sale for less than like $14k when two years ago I bought mine for more than that.

4a7191a

Established Member
Hard for a old 4v to compete with 414 HP front the factory.
Plus being the step child for performance of the cobra doesnt help much either. Lol
It doesn't hurt to put it for sale. But I say if not in a bind keep it.
Mines been nothing but reliable for the most part.
Hard to part with a car that's been this good to me and my wallet :)

starnsey

Established Member
Plus being the step child for performance of the cobra doesnt help much either. Lol

Lucky...oh the woes of buying someone else's project :(

MachJoe

Established Member
I'm in your area and my Mach also has a lot of mods. Enough to compete or outperform a stock 03/04 Cobra in all aspects (power/suspension). So although mods don't add any value, I really would not want to give mine up for less than $15k at the very bottom unless I was in a dire situation. My car also has about 55k miles.

Unfortunately, the market seems pretty damn awful right now for Mach's. I kick myself when I see super low mileage stock Mach's for sale for less than like $14k when two years ago I bought mine for more than that.

I didn't know you were in Houston. I copied your silver fr500's for my dsg haha. But yea, it's disappointing seeing a lot for sale on the registry for practically nothing.

Mine too has been my most reliable car. And thats coming from VW's, Toyota, and my 2013 accord. I bought mine from an old lady that barely drove it and was always garage kept. I'll probably end up keeping it and just enjoy it the days I do get off.

4a7191a

Established Member
:)
391rwhp ...... 22+ mpgs ( 11mpg in the city..... Damn 456 gears ) and paid for !

That's what I'd do. Keep it. If you get in a bind you've got something to do a loan against or whatever.
When I did my home remodel last year. I did a loan against my lightning. The interest rate was 1.9% because it wasn't a SIG loan. Collateral is always good.

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
391rwhp ...... 22+ mpgs ( 11mpg in the city..... Damn 456 gears ) and paid for !

That's what I'd do. Keep it. If you get in a bind you've got something to do a loan against or whatever.
When I did my home remodel last year. I did a loan against my lightning. The interest rate was 1.9% because it wasn't a SIG loan. Collateral is always good.

How did you get to 391RWHP? Thanks!

4v_mach1

Established Member
Prices have dropped a lot and it seems like people are in the market for the newer models at least in my area. I personally would buy a terminator then a mach if i had to start all over again. :(

Last edited:

MachJoe

Established Member

Thats what I need! I'm currently at 321whp with full bolt ons. I wanna do cams and possibly some intake work whenever I can get the time off. Mine is also paid off, just been sitting for 3 months since I haven't had time to drive it. You have a nice setup too, I'd love to find a clean lightning for my daily.

starnsey

Established Member
Thats what I need! I'm currently at 321whp with full bolt ons. I wanna do cams and possibly some intake work whenever I can get the time off. Mine is also paid off, just been sitting for 3 months since I haven't had time to drive it. You have a nice setup too, I'd love to find a clean lightning for my daily.

If it makes you feel better, mine has been down for 6 months now and I'm dying to get it back together and drive it again. I also have ~390 RWHP, but I'm pretty sure I get nowhere near 22 mpg.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

agreed. you can find them cheaper it seems like everyday.

OP i would probably say $14-15k is about it. I sold mine with 12k miles last fall for $17k. market just isnt that strong like cobra market

TexasMach

3rd Coast Mach
Established Member
Hard to tell if the market for Mach's will rebound or keep slowly dropping off. I think a fully forged bottom end would have did wonders for our Mach 1's value. Doesn't bother me much as I have no plans of selling my Mach.

Users who are viewing this thread