Selling their L's?

Hatchman

Established Member
Is it me, or are a lot of people selling their L's latelly? It seems like every other day there is a thread of soming selling theres. Coincidentally, there's also lots of threads of people buying them.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
unclesams_svt said:
i will hang on to mine as long as I can. i love this thing and when gas prices get crazy again there is always my bike :-D

Word. Nothing like having a bike for a second means of transportation these days. I don't even drive my "L" on the weekends now. I ride the "Busa." :banana:

URBAN COWBOY

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Mine will be up for sale soon, although I've been saying that. Priority shift is the reason...

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
I have been tinkering the thought of selling mine since I have only put about 2000 miles on it this past year. It's really not the gas prices that are affecting my decision, I just want to try something different.

TXRickC

Established Member
Mine is always for sale for the right price :) Not in a push to sell, but you never know.
2004 #314 just turned 21,000 miles. Excellent condition.

$31,900 as it sits + set of stock wheels w/300mile F1's, DOT Slicks & most stock parts.
$28,500 returned to stock (minus muffler)

as it sits-
just added e-fan, navi pump & 170° t-stat.
3lb, Magnaflow muffler, SCT programmer, 58" T-bars, Driveshaft Loop, Roush Suspension Kit, FTVB, White Ovals, Amber-less corners, Red Tailamps, Black '04 Wheels w/Machine finished rim/lip, Hoosier 16" QTP's on A.R. wheels, Gatorback belts, NGK plugs, Russell brakeline kit, Clunkwashers, Black w/white piping Wet Okole Seat covers + Matching floor mats, Bed mat, Stealth Bulbs (front amber-less), SilverStars headlight bulbs, Colgan front end bra for road trips.

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member
I know I've said I'll never sell, but realisticly, I'll prolly get rid of her once she starts to bore me. That's at LEAST several years from now tho. That's why I'm taking my sweat ass time modding. Enjoy it a little.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
latemodelracer2 said:
mine will never sell, but i am looking for a nice supra to have to mod since the L is done
What year Supra? I know where there is and '89 Needs a motor but has a paint job and some bling wheels. My L has found a permanent home in my garage.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
I'm not selling.

I have what I want, and intend on keeping it....minus a few tricks.

Gas, payments, insurance, and property taxes can eat you up on one of these trucks if you live beyond the capability to pay.
I can see why folks are selling, as the vehicles aren't gas-savers....and no powerful motor really is.

Can't complain here. My L is sitting, waiting for me....an '03 with 12,150mi on the odometer, and no intention of a new model if it comes out. The GEN2 body-style is nice, but somewhere someone is modding a 4valve aluminum GT block mule ;-) ....that's what I'm looking forward to.

camcojb

Established Member
Mine is for sale because I do get bored with my projects in 2-3 years, and I've had mine 2.5 or so. Wish I could retain interest, it would save me a LOT of money.

Jody

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
All of you can keep selling your Lightnings and keep right on bitching about the gas prices. I mean,...what the hell are we going to do about the gas prices? If one of you know a way that the average "Joe" can TRULY get the gas prices to come back down to a reasonable price PUH-LEEZ let me in on your secret. I'll be the first in line to try and make a change for the better.

I'd really like to know how many of you bought your Lightning for the gas mileage. Matter of fact, I'm gonna start a new thread.

I'm keeping mine no matter what. I guess some of you are hot headed, impatient 20 somethings. Go ahead and sale your Lightnings, just hope you don't regret it 10 or 15 yrs down the road.

Well, I know that I've got a piece of American muscle "car" history sitting in my garage and I'm not parting with it. Unless, I have an accident and total it out. In which case, I'll buy me another 2Gen Lightning.

If you guys really wanna get good gas mileage,....buy a bicycle. :lol:

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Selling your L would be like dating a fat chick. They are both wrong. If gas is so bad buy a motorcycle with the gas you save it will more then make up the cost difference. You still get to keep the L and you also have a new chic magnent, what could be wrong with that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread