SEMA 2014 Coverage - Only 2015 S550 Mustangs and Parts

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Travis, you diligence is much appreciated.

The minor shifter throw decrease is telling. An FRPP engineered GT500 separator would do well in the marketplace. S197 fender covers were never for sale to the general public as far as I understand and there are quite a few more S197's out there than S550's. Dust off the molds FRPP...

How is Larry holding up? Last year he was the darling of every SEMA girl I saw him photographed with and I assume this year is no different.

ON EDIT: I reread your reply (three times - I'm slow). Mention that "most anti wheel hop is from the bushings" makes sense. Nice to see FRPP come up with a solution this quickly.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Good shit! Nice to see us 11-14 guys can get a hold of the 15 heads!!

The 15 heads have the same p/n as the 12-13 Boss 302 heads (FRPP p/n)... Hmmmm lol

FRPP does say on their site that they are discontinuing the Boss heads, so it looks like they'll just continue using the same p/n but use the 15 castings.

Last edited:

Brian Z.

Established Member
Great stuff and much appreciated.

Some unsolicited advice for Whipple - have a cold air kit made that will complement that nice looking blower, the ones in the pics looked tacked on and don't look good at all imo.

It's great to see so much aftermarket support this early for the new mustang.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nice Job Sid! I was hoping someone would post all that up.

Great stuff from ford racing. They are getting more in touch with the buyer every year

Except that king cobra.. that was some wanker in PR

01GTB

Established Member
Excitement and a buzzkill all in one thread. When I saw the fender covers, I thought surely they will release them for the S197.

Thanks for all the info though, Travis :)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Excitement and a buzzkill all in one thread. When I saw the fender covers, I thought surely they will release them for the S197.

I'm trying to rationalize the "out of production" argument and it isn't computing. This layman would like to see the decision not to do an S197 (that would mean two versions to cover years '07-'14) revisited.:poke:

93SVTvenom

Established Member
thanks for the coverage. Excellent job!!! I am interested to see what else is on the horizon for the s550 = )

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Interesting seeing FRPP release an oil separator kit.

I can tell you from first hand experience that these blower cars need it! Ours pulls a ton of oil and vapor back through the blower inlet. We were going to build a catch can for it, but we'll just pick one of these up now.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have time to caption all the photos right now (too much SEMA left to see), but if you have any questions about a specific part or car post is up and I'll try to answer it.

SEMA_2014_2015_Mustang_ 039.jpg

-SID297

still can't figure out what wing this is, anyone know?

thanks
Ana

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm trying to rationalize the "out of production" argument and it isn't computing. This layman would like to see the decision not to do an S197 (that would mean two versions to cover years '07-'14) revisited.:poke:

My guess would be that it's not economical to break out the old molds and tool up for a very limited run.

still can't figure out what wing this is, anyone know?

thanks
Ana

I'm not sure about that one.

c_reber

Established Member
I wanted more info on the white "full race" ecoboost as well. Visually, that car was great for me. I really like the Roush track pack, and the cortex car was freaking awesome. I think S550 was definetly the most popular car at the show, maybe followed by the M3/4.

Users who are viewing this thread