Semi-Restoration

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
You have problems. Seriously, your car was one of the sweetest I had ever seen on the Corral or anywhere else as far as stance and generaly clean looks go. If you don't win some car show awards now, something is wrong.

NXGHOST

Established Member
SVTStrikesBack said:
You have problems. Seriously, your car was one of the sweetest I had ever seen on the Corral or anywhere else as far as stance and generaly clean looks go. If you don't win some car show awards now, something is wrong.

Here is the story as to why the came apart. Small things adding up basically

I bought it from the original owner knowing it was in a small fender bender, it actually rolled down his driveway and hit his light post at the end. No major damage, just put a front upper rad support in it. They did a great job replacing it but the paint they used didnt quite match. I was going to try to spray just those parts but there was still quite a bit of work doing just that.

Also, I wanted to redo the Valve covers and intake, the factory coating was dull and I have a brand new signature plaque I sure aint putting on ugly valve covers! Taking the valve covers off these cars with the engine in sucks!

I also had a slight leak on a hydroboost line, have fun changing one of those in the car!

Last year when I did the longtube headers for the life of me could not get the dipstick tube in. I tried for hours then finally just blocked the hole! I had no dipstick tube!

I wanted to do IMRC deletes while I am putting the blower on.

I wanted to add the cooloing mod to the rear heater core tube.

All o the above made it make sence to just remove the drivetrain and do it right! If not I would be taking shiat off around the block and likely freak out.

The undercarrige was totally rust free. However the factory color was grey and after I had the Subframes (Which were black) they simply spraybombed black tremclad rust paint over the welds, same goes for the welded Torque boxes, spray painted black. It simply ruined a perfectly clean undercarrige and I wanted it all to match again.

So you can see it actually made sence to just rip it apart, do it once, do it right. I used to drive the daily but because I now only drive it weekends to cruise nights, I wanted it to be a wow. At least when I am finally done I know I wont have to fack around with it for a while.

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
NXGHOST said:
At least when I am finally done I know I wont have to fack around with it for a while.

I certainly hope not! I hope you made a video of you taking all that crap out of the car.

Anyhow, you may not remember, but you answered a lot of my questions I had about springs and your particular ride height when I was trying to decide on which springs to go with over on the information site (a.k.a. Corral). I ultimately decided on the H&R sports, and if I had gone any lower, I would have to punch myself in the face every day of my life as I hit things all the time on my X pipe. I am about to go under there again to tighten eveything up.

What blower on are you putting on there?

Kenneth

NXGHOST

Established Member
SVTStrikesBack said:
I certainly hope not! I hope you made a video of you taking all that crap out of the car.

Anyhow, you may not remember, but you answered a lot of my questions I had about springs and your particular ride height when I was trying to decide on which springs to go with over on the information site (a.k.a. Corral). I ultimately decided on the H&R sports, and if I had gone any lower, I would have to punch myself in the face every day of my life as I hit things all the time on my X pipe. I am about to go under there again to tighten eveything up.

What blower on are you putting on there?

Kenneth

I remember the username. I am putting a Novi 1000 on it. I am not running major boost 6-8 so I wanted the smaller blower (Quicker spool). Iam also doing a snow Meth injection.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I will basically be doing the same thing to my car in the future. I just need to gather a few tools and an 03/04 IRS to build up and put in while I'm at it. Looks like lots of fun. Keep us updated! :coolman:

NXGHOST

Established Member
Well, this project is basically done. It will be tuned next week and I will drive it for a week then store it LOL. I still have to dress up the engine bay with all the billet and chrome thingys but that can wait till the winter time.

CobraDone001.jpg

CobraDone002.jpg

CobraDone003.jpg

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
you did an amazing job dude!
I have been looking at that silver vein for some time too and glad you had done it first, I really like it

Users who are viewing this thread