Sending Kenne Bell blower back!!

bobbywayne21

Established Member
Well I have been having a lot of problems with my car for the past 3 months, blowing FRPS loosing boost but the problem takes it I have had the Kenne Bell for about 5 months and only 2800 miles of the blower and I have had to fill it with oil twice since I have had it and I check it Friday getting ready for a run on Sat.. and there is no oil in the blower none just a little tiny bit on the dipstick so right away I called KB and of course couldn't get through until about 8 hours later and it was after they closed but I talked to Mike there and he was a great help he asked no question but for the intake if it was a KB one or under the hood. In all I have to take it off but this is the perfect time to replace the injectors and fuel rails, I have had them in the garage for a months now but It is still going to be a pain to o all that. Just wondering if anybody eles has had this problem.. oh and he is going to replace it as long as it was not mis-used.

kb03cobra

easy10
Established Member
I had the same problem with my k.b using oil. I got it back from kenne bell and sold it for a whipple. I have no problems at all with the whipple. Kenne bell warr department sucks!

bobbywayne21

Established Member
Well not yet I just sent it off 2 days ago and now I am waiting on the return of a new one or a fixed one and yes I agree about the Warranty Department, it need to be a lot better they keep telling me it was my fault that it is using oil because of over servicing but that is not true, they were telling me that it will be fixed and they will return me my old one but there is no way I can get a new one cuaes they said there blower does not go bad, who wants to put high boost on a overhauled blower not me... ad there tech department is the worst I have ever tried to work with. If this keeps up I am done with KB and the Cobra I have had so many problems with it. Its like one problem right after another

primo

Established Member
Bottom line, the reason why I went with KB is there superior internals. They are bullit proof. Don't worry, they will get to the bottom of this. You should see the whipples internals next the the KB's, its a joke. Let me know how it works out for you man. BTW, I am putting a solid axle in my beast. Should hall some serious ass now.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
bobbywayne21 said:
Well I have been having a lot of problems with my car for the past 3 months, blowing FRPS loosing boost but the problem takes it I have had the Kenne Bell for about 5 months and only 2800 miles of the blower and I have had to fill it with oil twice since I have had it and I check it Friday getting ready for a run on Sat.. and there is no oil in the blower none just a little tiny bit on the dipstick so right away I called KB and of course couldn't get through until about 8 hours later and it was after they closed but I talked to Mike there and he was a great help he asked no question but for the intake if it was a KB one or under the hood. In all I have to take it off but this is the perfect time to replace the injectors and fuel rails, I have had them in the garage for a months now but It is still going to be a pain to o all that. Just wondering if anybody eles has had this problem.. oh and he is going to replace it as long as it was not mis-used.

What did the blower sound like at idle?

bobbywayne21

Established Member
A little of everything ticking, whisling, it made all kinds of noises, when I had my eaton on it never made a noise and as soon as I put the KB on the shit hit the fan and I have never put any higher that 13 psi my tuner has no clue what is going on but I think I need to go to a diffrent tuner and get rid or the KB flip chip and get a programer.

primo

Established Member
bobbywayne21 said:
A little of everything ticking, whisling, it made all kinds of noises, when I had my eaton on it never made a noise and as soon as I put the KB on the shit hit the fan and I have never put any higher that 13 psi my tuner has no clue what is going on but I think I need to go to a diffrent tuner and get rid or the KB flip chip and get a programer.

LMAO, I told you that 2 months ago! www.diablosporttuning.com

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
My buddy had a KB 2.2 on his car for a couple months and it was spitting oil too. KB has a BAD problem with the oil in the blowers. His KB 2.2 locked up solid and KB was not very nice to him about his situation. So he ordered a KB 2.4 and had it on there for 4 days and did not really like it and sold it on this website. He now has a Whipple 2.3 on his with a built motor. The Whipple cars seem to be producing a lot of power and I have not heard of anything wrong with them. I am not a big fan of the KB's after seeing that not only did his KB lock up but a couple of others locked up. I am sorry to ruin your thread but I just figured that you guys should keep an eye on your KB and hope they don't lock up.

I will get a whipple some day...I had one on order and it took almost 2 months for me to finally give up...I'm sure it would be a great blower..But I got tired of waiting and ported my Eaton!

Rayzcar

Established Member
kb03cobra said:
I had the same problem with my k.b using oil. I got it back from kenne bell and sold it for a whipple. I have no problems at all with the whipple. Kenne bell warr department sucks!

This happened to me with two KB blowers! I too sold mine for a Whipple, and have not had a problem since.

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
Rayzcar said:
This happened to me with two KB blowers! I too sold mine for a Whipple, and have not had a problem since.
Everyone that has had a KB that switch to Whipple blower love it. I think that the Whipple's are the best after market blower on the market. There is suppost to be a new Whipple 3.3 coming out soon. This blower id gonna be so big that it can not fit under a stock hood. :uh oh:

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
bobbywayne21 said:
LOL yea I know shit, but that chip was and switch chip was 400 bones but yes your right, I was going to ask you if you still had the phone number to that one guy you use. By the way hows the car running on that 21 psi and the straight axle?

So what happened with your blower?

Users who are viewing this thread