Separated Input shaft sleeve

slowgreycobra

Established Member
I had a weird sound coming from my bell housing so I changed out my flywheel clutch, 26 spline input shaft and input shaft sleeve. When I pulled the tranny out I found out that the shaft had totally separated from the tranny. The throwout bearing was pretty much stuck to the sleeve and when you would press the clutch in, it would smack into the flywheel causing the weird sound. I'm glad I upgraded all of these parts. Its great insurance so you don't have something worse than noise happen.

2007_1117crazy0002.gif

slowgreycobra

Established Member
Mine looked the same way when it came out. I was a bit shocked when I found it like that. I have been driving for a few thousand miles and just thought it was the throwout bearing.

03cobramanIII

Banned
i got a slight noise coming from my t-o bearing. did it break off , or is it pressed on?

when you get the 26 spline kit does it come with the part that was broken?

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
i got a slight noise coming from my t-o bearing. did it break off , or is it pressed on?

when you get the 26 spline kit does it come with the part that was broken?

no, the 26 spline shaft is just the 26spline shaft... the new sleeve is the new sleeve.. the one that breaks inthe trannys.. just breaks.. its so clean its wierd.. enjoy!!

look at all the pages on my link provided above to see whats up with the parts

03arboc

03 Redfire
Established Member
i work at a dealer ship and i have seen about four or five broken when we pulled the clutch out.We replaced the sleeve with the factory part number but i would recomend putting a aftermarket one in. I have seen them online somewhere but not sure where

Users who are viewing this thread