Service Engine Soon Blues

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
I was driving one fine evening and all of the sudden the check gas cap light came on and continued. I pulled over to investigate and gas cap is fine, I even took it out put it back in and started the car. The light is still there. Oh well nothing serious I thought.
The very next day while driving to work I now notice that the Service engine soon light has come on, WTF. It does not seem to be running any different so Im lost for words. Anyone have any clue on what it could be??????

:nonono:

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Mine did that not too long ago. I just tightend the gas cap until it clicked 3 times and after a bit of driving it dissapeared.

Razor.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Could be a faulty gas cap (yes, strange isn't it?). Are you using the factory gas cap or have you switched it out in favor of a locking aftermarket gas cap?
I'd scan the codes at a local Autozone & investigate further...

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
You can disconnect the negative side of the battery for a few minutes and it should turn the light off (reset the computer). If there's a problem it will come back on, if not your all right.

-Rick

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Yea supposedly to clear the light ya disconnect the battey and pump the breaks. I had that light comeon, once for a gas cap and then once for an evap leak. Warranty covered it but it would have been $200, bucks like 40 for the part the rest for labor. Check engine lights are kinda defaults, there are hundreds of reasons why they can come on, clearing it just makes the light go away, but the prob still exists.

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
Well got it back from Ford and they replaced the VMV valve had an error code of KOEC PO455. I guess it was leaking and then set off the lights. Oh well another one bites the dust.

Alls well though.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread