Service Engine Soon

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
Ok, I changed the all the plugs on my truck except for the one I could not get out (see http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186607 ). When I turned the engine on, everything sounded ok (idle was a little rough because I unplugged the battery while I was working so the computer had to reset itself) but after I put it in drive and gave it a little gas, I could hear a ticking sound and the service engine soon light came on. It sounds like a exhaust leak but I don't know how that could be since all I did was unplug the coil pack, change the plugs, and plug the coil pack back in. The lightning doesn't feel like it is missing but the more gas I give it, the louder and worse the ticking sound. You can hear it a little bit with the hood open at idle but you have to be on the throttle to hear it good. I have no idea what it could be. It looks like ford is going to have to pull the head to fix the one plug and now there is another problem. If anybody has any ideas of what this could be, please let me know.

AJ

PS. I think I might take this weekend of working on my truck as a hint and not become a mechanic anytime soon. :nonono:

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
Rons Bolt said:
You better check your plugs before you do any driving.
What am I looking for? Loose, cross threaded, not gapped right, what? I drove it from my buddy's shop to my house, about 5 miles but I am not driving it anymore until I get it fixed.

blownsvt

Established Member
FastazzL said:
What am I looking for? Loose, cross threaded, not gapped right, what? I drove it from my buddy's shop to my house, about 5 miles but I am not driving it anymore until I get it fixed.
there is not telling what it is. just look for anything out of the ordinary. maybe you dropped some trash or debri into the cylinder :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread