Service engine soon

EL Conquistador

Established Member
i am running a bassani catted x pipe and have been for 4 months but just about 2 weeks ago my mil light came on had autozone read the code first time it said i had a defficient cat cleared the code and then it started throwing codes 4 the rear o2 sensor saying my fuel was running lean/rich or i just had a bad o2 does it sound like i need new cats and o2's or could it just be the hi flow cats throwing the codes? if its that is it ok to just to turn off the rear o2 sensor

carnut726

Established Member
yup, basani with cats is what i have also and the cats are not enough to stop the lights, my mils also would not work to keep the light off. Shut them off is the only way.

CobraKalas

Established Member
I aswell have a Bassani with high flow cats, SCT tuner turned off the rear O2 sensors but I found out I had a bad O2 before the cats so I had to get that replaced... ugh. Passed emissions this morning haha

carnut726

Established Member
I aswell have a Bassani with high flow cats, SCT tuner turned off the rear O2 sensors but I found out I had a bad O2 before the cats so I had to get that replaced... ugh. Passed emissions this morning haha

i passed NJ inspection 2 days ago myself....

yeller1

Established Member
would i be able to turn of the o2's with a predator tuner?
Don't know about the predator but my guess would be yes you would be able. I have the bassani and my light came on after about 2 months before I got my xcal2 and had them turned off. If you aren't doing the tuner thing, I have some new mil eliminators you could get for real cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread